@sunchyme The Buzzed/shaved Transplant Look You Were Looking For

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw this on a Chinese forum.

This guy was patterned NW5/6 with almost slick frontal and mid scalp.
2223281nqz3n2i2dt1zxea.jpg

224435skjq4h4cu7ql7bjs.jpg

After 3500 grafts fue into front and mid scalp:
103929bv6v7fvm4bvgjf5h.jpg

103932al7491dydn88xdmz.jpg

After another 2500 grafts for density later:
101457q92i2ov22wvkwzl8.jpg

And his back when buzzed. Borderline over harvesting if not already over harvesting. Quite even though.
0bfa3c2ac65c10384beca3e5b5119313b17e89b5.png

No finasteride.
Crappy photos and angles but you get the idea. @sunchyme1 enjoy viewing your pluggy pub hairs and thank me later ;)
(IMO that guy still looks ten times better when shaved even with a 3500 graft hairline)

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol cheers mate

what forum is this from, can you give me a link. how do you guys find all these foreign forums?

with the guy above, he looks good for sure. especially that 4th photo.

but how long after surgery where these taken? from what ive seen, these type of buzz cuts always look great earlier on, then as time goes by they take on a more pluggy look. the roots become too thick and it doesnt look right. then when (if you have to) shave to the bone, you have all these thick black dots spread across the head. thats my issue with this.

that donor though, f*** me. he harvested the sh*t out of that didnt he. its still red so maybe its recent and will look better in time. but jesus it looks bad

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol cheers mate

what forum is this from, can you give me a link. how do you guys find all these foreign forums?

with the guy above, he looks good for sure. especially that 4th photo.

but how long after surgery where these taken? from what ive seen, these type of buzz cuts always look great earlier on, then as time goes by they take on a more pluggy look. the roots become too thick and it doesnt look right. then when (if you have to) shave to the bone, you have all these thick black dots spread across the head. thats my issue with this.

that donor though, f*** me. he harvested the sh*t out of that didnt he. its still red so maybe its recent and will look better in time. but jesus it looks bad
The forum address is right on the photos. Be ware: it's flooded with shills;)

Not sure about the date but he said his two surgeries were two years apart and the last pic was taken not long after the second one. Yeah that donor looks scary. That was frickin 6000 grafts pure fue. His back of head looks like a honeycomb. Well, better than a smiley scar for him I guess. If he had the curly coarse hair type like those that erdogan often posts he could probably get away with longer hair and cover it up but his is the typical asian straight hair which always looks sh*t with low density.

Saw a guy at the gym the other day who obviously got butchered with a transplant. NW6 with pluggy see through front and a huge gap all across the midscalp. I never really knew what "pluggy" actually means until I saw him. It's a nightmare.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The forum address is right on the photos
looool my bad. still waking up

but how do you find these forums? i see you guys talking about the german forums, the italian forums etc. but how do you find them?

i think my definition of pluggy is different to others. what i mean is that transplanted hairs after full maturity of growth, have very thick looking roots. they appear out the head with instant thickness. this doesnt happen with natural hair. like the guy below

plugggggy.jpg

so when you buzz it you have a cactus like appearance. thick spikey roots shooting out your head. like the guy below

sash_main (1).jpg

you see what im saying?

i like that the guy you posted has thin hair because with a buzz cut it looks a lot more natural. thats why i was thinking about using body hair instead (at the hairline anyway) to give a more natural look. using thinner hair from the arms and legs maybe.

the thinner the hair, the better for a buzz cut look imo. especially if your really bald and dont have much donor. otherwise you have these random thick black dots spread across your head with lots space between them. its looks retarded.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
just found this guy typing pluggy hairline in google lol

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/1301-Tubs-Dr-Feller-patient-3500-grafts

now this is a f*****g excellent result. i wouldnt bother growing it out long like this guy i would buzz it. but you can see how natural the hair looks and how it comes out of his head fairly 'thin'. like natural hair does

so why is this? the doctor skill? punch size? hair size? all of it.

of course he could also be on finasteride which means a lot of that natural looking hair is from the meds not the hair transplant. who knows. looks great tho

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looool my bad. still waking up

but how do you find these forums? i see you guys talking about the german forums, the italian forums etc. but how do you find them?

i think my definition of pluggy is different to others. what i mean is that transplanted hairs after full maturity of growth, have very thick looking roots. they appear out the head with instant thickness. this doesnt happen with natural hair. like the guy below

View attachment 51883

so when you buzz it you have a cactus like appearance. thick spikey roots shooting out your head. like the guy below

View attachment 51884

you see what im saying?

i like that the guy you posted has thin hair because with a buzz cut it looks a lot more natural. thats why i was thinking about using body hair instead (at the hairline anyway) to give a more natural look. using thinner hair from the arms and legs maybe.

the thinner the hair, the better for a buzz cut look imo. especially if your really bald and dont have much donor. otherwise you have these random thick black dots spread across your head with lots space between them. its looks retarded.
You can find those forums if you speak those languages :) I'm from China.

I think the first pic being unnatural is just due to the fact that his transplant has NOT fully matured and thereby the hairs look unruly and coarse. Plus, it lacks the healthy scalp color/texture to match it. I've seen many cases in which transplanted scalp (in good hands) gradually return to that healthy pale and ample appearance just like what they used to be before losing those hairs. I've seen transplanted scalp remain barren with poor growth even after years in poor hands as well. Hair follicles are powerful modulators of scalp physiology.

The second pic, hmmm I see what you mean... That's quite stupid for those who prefer buzzing their heads it's like you have beard stubble growing on top lol! Body hair might be a good addition but I don't see how they benefits the appearance beyond softening the hairline? You can already tell that even if that guy in the second pic has a natural soft hairline with "peach fuzzes" and such, all those areas behind it still wouldn't blend into the horseshoe.

Then maybe after all the only solution is to grow your hair out but then I think I know why that bothers you...I myself prefers a sharp and neat buzz cut than that thin semi bald hair which is all you can expect from transplants on high norwoods. I'm heading towards an ugly pattern as well, no finasteride to buy me time. Damn all I want is a hairline to frame my face.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can find those forums if you speak those languages :) I'm from China.

I think the first pic being unnatural is just due to the fact that his transplant has NOT fully matured and thereby the hairs look unruly and coarse. Plus, it lacks the healthy scalp color/texture to match it. I've seen many cases in which transplanted scalp (in good hands) gradually return to that healthy pale and ample appearance just like what they used to be before losing those hairs. I've seen transplanted scalp remain barren with poor growth even after years in poor hands as well. Hair follicles are powerful modulators of scalp physiology.

The second pic, hmmm I see what you mean... That's quite stupid for those who prefer buzzing their heads it's like you have beard stubble growing on top lol! Body hair might be a good addition but I don't see how they benefits the appearance beyond softening the hairline? You can already tell that even if that guy in the second pic has a natural soft hairline with "peach fuzzes" and such, all those areas behind it still wouldn't blend into the horseshoe.

Then maybe after all the only solution is to grow your hair out but then I think I know why that bothers you...I myself prefers a sharp and neat buzz cut than that thin semi bald hair which is all you can expect from transplants on high norwoods. I'm heading towards an ugly pattern as well, no finasteride to buy me time. Damn all I want is a hairline to frame my face.

im in a tough situation because i am nw4ish heading for a norwood 7. but i dont expect to get to my nw7 for another 10 years or so in my 40s. i cant handle meds and dont want to take any more drugs after my experience with finasteride.

so what do i do? do i risk getting small hair transplants over the next 15 years to maintain thin coverage and keep it short and neat. and enjoy the next 15 years with ok hair. and hope by the time i am 45 or whatever some of this new tech side effect free treatment will be out?

or do i just accept it and give in. and not have to worry about looking like a freak when the day comes i have to shave it to the bone because i dont have enough hair to even sport a buzz cut, and have a load of thick roots spread across my head like the second guy i posted.

you say the examples i showed you look bad because they havent matured yet. but to me, they look this way BECAUSE they matured. id like to see more of the examples you have seen where you say the transplanted hair have returned to that normal pale appearance. but i cant find hardly any. do you have links?

cheers

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im in a tough situation because i am nw4ish heading for a norwood 7. but i dont expect to get to my nw7 for another 10 years or so in my 40s. i cant handle meds and dont want to take any more drugs after my experience with finasteride.

so what do i do? do i risk getting small hair transplants over the next 15 years to maintain thin coverage and keep it short and neat. and enjoy the next 15 years with ok hair. and hope by the time i am 45 or whatever some of this new tech side effect free treatment will be out?

or do i just accept it and give in. and not have to worry about looking like a freak when the day comes i have to shave it to the bone because i dont have enough hair to even sport a buzz cut, and have a load of thick roots spread across my head like the second guy i posted.

you say the examples i showed you look bad because they havent matured yet. but to me, they look this way BECAUSE they matured. id like to see more of the examples you have seen where you say the transplanted hair have returned to that normal pale appearance. but i cant find hardly any. do you have links?

cheers
What about this?
You can check how the texture and the scalp matches their natural status in the combing part. If I run into someone like that on the street I really can't tell. I don't know what makes some transplanted scalp more natural over time and some less so but I do notice in the good hands (H&W, Rahal, etc) they have a much better chance of being restored to a healthy appearance.