Sunburn on Scalps

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
So its summer and my hair is pretty short so of course scalp is going to get burned.

Basically I have some burned scalp in various places, how bad is this?

Im preventing it now, but when my hair grows longer it won't be a problem, just wondering how bad it is for your scalp and can it cause some hair loss?

zackmcqueen

Established Member
Reaction score
I very much doubt it would cause further hair loss. For me the far bigger concern would be the damage to the appearance of the skin caused by sun exposure...too much will result in a patchy bald head, and probbaly with liver spots appearing on the head later in life..and in my honest opinion, liver spots on a bald head look absolutely horrendous. Id go as far to say as it almsot makes a person look diseased. Just invest in a decent hat.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this, but I think that it could have a negative effect. My Dad was stationed in a hot country when he was in the army and he went bald really quickly at a young age. He contributes this to sunburn. I on the other hand have been losing my hair more slowly.

powersam

Reaction score
severe sunburn to the scalp WILL cause a shock loss of hair. however this loss will in itself be temporary. unless of course the sunburn is so severe as to cause serious scarring.