Sun and Sports after FUE (more details needed)

martincross

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi,

i know that you are advised to not go into the sun for 6 months after FUE and do not make sports at least 2 weeks. This is very general however. So does anybody know more details like:

-Is it possible to do normal sports like mountaineering and running after 2 months after FUE? Reason I am asking is that I personally sweat a lot at the forehead when doing this. I do wear a sweatband at my head so I am afraid that my temples would be under a lot of sweat. Is this a problem after 2 months?

-Also does that mean I can go to the beach when wearing a Cap or something like that? Because there is also a lot of sweating under the cap... Just afraid that this will cause bad results... ?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait now. What? You can't go out in the sun? Nobody ever told me not to or is it something about fue?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I have read that applying Estrogel after a transplant can help it take more easily but they didn't do that in the olden days. Some guys might have a fit though about using estrogen for about a month while the transplants took. Six months seems really long.

martincross

My Regimen
Reaction score
New2HS sorry but what you are saying sounds quite ridiculous. No sun and no physical activity for 12 months is way over the top. Are you actually planning to live a life after your surgery? I d never do a surgery if i had to stop having a life for 12 months.

According to Dr. Feriduni you are allowed to start simple sports as soon as 2 weeks post surgery... My question was actually even not concerning sports but the sweat that is immanent on the head when doing sports. However from what I have read so far this shouldn't be a problem 4 weeks post surgery either... so really curious where you have your outragous numbers from?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
New2HS sorry but what you are saying sounds quite ridiculous. No sun and no physical activity for 12 months is way over the top. Are you actually planning to live a life after your surgery? I d never do a surgery if i had to stop having a life for 12 months.

According to Dr. Feriduni you are allowed to start simple sports as soon as 2 weeks post surgery... My question was actually even not concerning sports but the sweat that is immanent on the head when doing sports. However from what I have read so far this shouldn't be a problem 4 weeks post surgery either... so really curious where you have your outragous numbers from?
My thought is that it has to due with the transferred skin not being used to direct sun and transplant skin can be much lighter, essentially forever. So sometimes, people with transplants will have a part that looks like it is balding but it is just reflection from flash or the sun. I can still see it even though I have derma-rolled virtually all of the scarring away. It even makes the plugs that didn't take viable again. All folks who are thinking transplants or who had one that was only partially successful can try this. It was amazing how the scar tissue went away--every single session I would see them scab over and get more flush with my scalp. Some of the unsuccessful ones seem to have regenerated and DR can create new follicles too.

Bosphorus Medical Tourism

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi,

i know that you are advised to not go into the sun for 6 months after FUE and do not make sports at least 2 weeks. This is very general however. So does anybody know more details like:

-Is it possible to do normal sports like mountaineering and running after 2 months after FUE? Reason I am asking is that I personally sweat a lot at the forehead when doing this. I do wear a sweatband at my head so I am afraid that my temples would be under a lot of sweat. Is this a problem after 2 months?

-Also does that mean I can go to the beach when wearing a Cap or something like that? Because there is also a lot of sweating under the cap... Just afraid that this will cause bad results... ?
Hello Sir,
There is no harm in sunbathing by protecting your head (wearing a loose fitting hat) for the first 2 months.
It is not recommended to go into the tanning booth and sauna for the first 6 months.
Heavy exercise is not recommended for about a month after the procedure. But there is no harm in taking light-paced walks.
It is not recommended to stay under the sun for long hours during the 1st month. If necessary, a hat and a high-factor sunscreen can be used.
Have an great day.
TAHA ER