summer sheds

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Ever since the weather got hot, my hair has been shedding like a motherfucker, could just be a minoxidil shed, not quite sure but im losin a shitload of hair right now....hope it bounces back, anyone else experience more shedding in the summer?, I believe this happen in the past pre-hairloss paranoia as well, let me know fellas, best of luck to all......

G

jblig?! Where have you been for so long? I remember you from back in the day when i first started posting. I remember you were very pessimestic about your treatment and thought you were a not a responder to propecia. How's it all going?

As for your question, I think shed's can happen at any time though, i just had one about 2 months ago.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey hows it going man? Yeah Ive been tryin not to think about the hairloss thing thus I havent been around, Well I have stuck with the propecia b/c I do believe it halted my hairloss a bit, then this past january I added minoxidil and after several months my hair seemed to be doing pretty good, people were asking me if I darkened my hair and also made comments about its fullness, so I took this as a good sign, so all in all the big three is working pretty well, but the last two weeks I have been shedding like a mofo, I am a receder.Badhairdecade I hope all is well with you as well......Since beginning propecia nearly two years ago I do believe it has improved my hair it is as not as bad as when I began, thanks for inquiring......

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
i too have started shedding shitloads since its become hot

stevieb

Reaction score
WOW.....has anyone else's hair gone to $hit since the weather became *** hot?

my hair looks like absolute $hit!!!

sorry, just had to vent!!!!

HK2LOVE

Reaction score
jblig said:
Ever since the weather got hot, my hair has been shedding like a motherfucker, could just be a minoxidil shed, not quite sure but im losin a shitload of hair right now....hope it bounces back, anyone else experience more shedding in the summer?, I believe this happen in the past pre-hairloss paranoia as well, let me know fellas, best of luck to all......

I have the similar experience with you.
One yr ago, I applied the regaine 5% 10months . After 6 months, I got back full density hair. But after that shed crazy. That made me crazy also.
Then I stopped applied it. Now still shed and hair density back to 1 yr ago.
I don't know if I had not stop applied it that the density still can be keep or not.

So you should keep going. I think it will be better.
Pls report here after a few month later.

matt_1_

Reaction score
I too...Each time I pass my hand through my hair a couple will always stay which wan't the case for a while now... I can tell that my hair are more thin right now than it was a month ago...

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the opposite boys...

My hair has been growing and looking good since the summer hit. I shed ALOT between the months of January and May. I think weather plays a big part in hair growth. My girlfriend tells me that hair grows faster in the summer????

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
same for me, had a warm day the other week end, over 30 degrees, the first hot day actually. I am the type of guy that count hair in the shower. I was quite satisfied of my treatement, minoxidil, finasteride. I have never seen more than 5-6 hair in the shower, my hair was comming thick again. Man i was happy. Exactly the day following the warm one, i shed over 30 hair in the shower. Some of you will say, this is not that much, this is normal. But for me a normal shead has allways been from 5 to 6 hairs, but not 30. So yes i think that the change in temperature cause a shed.
I am slowly comming back to normal as far as shedding now after a week. I just hope to recover back what i have lost in the last week.

good luck guys

chieftain

Reaction score
I am glad I read this thread b/c ever since the summer started for me, I have been going through a shed. Not only that, my hair has been unfriendly these days. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing for every shed that I have, the wait for regrowth is worth it....BTW I am on the BIG 3..