Suitable Hair Dye For Hair System. Need Help Finding Suitable Colour.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The stupid hair replacement company has fucked up again, really pissed off at the moment.

As my side/back hair has grown, the colour of system is completely off.

As I don't want to have to patch test a stupid salon hairdye as no doubt they will charge me for their own mistake, I will buy my own.
But how will I get the exact colour I need?

So fake looking the mismatch I'm not currently wearing it.

NYCHairGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like the system is darker than your bio-hair, yes? Not sure which you plan on coloring, but if it were me I'd color the bio-hair. It'll be a lot easier to go darker on bio-hair than it will to go lighter on system hair. Go to a beauty supply store (not a drugstore, please) and look for a demi-permanent line--demi is a lot easier to work with and a lot more forgiving than permanent color. In terms of exactly which colors to buy, buy two: the one closest to the color it is now, and one a few shades darker. The idea is to mix the two so that it'll darken your bio-hair, but not by too much. Look for Neutral or Ash colors--stay away from warm colors like red, gold, etc.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with NYC. . Color your bio is much easier. . Never know what the hairpiece hair is really ( mix of sinthetic,.?)which would not dye at all

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.... are you taking the piss? ......
Piss poor advice.

???? No need To be rude...
You posted here for advise, and you received same advice from 2 members...furthermore, if your piece is worth so much, why risk ruining it by redying it again? All points to working with your bio hair ...

NYCHairGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason I suggested coloring your bio hair is that it would be both easier and safer as a DIY thing. Lightening that system (which is what you'd need to do) would most likely involve a 2-step process of first lightening it with bleach to just the right point and then coloring it from there. If you make a mistake (which, trust me, is very easy to do!) you run the risk of destroying the system--bleach is a caustic substance that will weaken the hair and eventually disintegrate it. Also, bleaching may erase tones in the hair and leave you with an unusual color (often some derivation of orange) that you'd need to use color to correct. Bottom line: coloring the piece will require some skill and knowledge and is probably better done by a pro.

Darkening your bio-hair is much safer and easier. Even if you need to do it once a month, it's less risky than trying to lighten that piece.

Last edited:

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The company I bought it from which was custom made to my head shape and sent a hair sample of my own bio hair.
Their factory must have fucked up,and made it the wrong colour that’s why.
My previous hair system colour was correct. Hopefully the 3rd system is the correct colour. As bought 3 custom bespoke hair systems for £2000.

You clearly are talking sh*t saying to dye my side/back hair as it grows through quickly. Would be dyeing it weekly thanks to the company f*****g up(their mistake).
Much easier to dye the hair system. And will be using dye without PPD as causes severe allergic reactions.

Bruh you need to chill and take out that frustration on the company that sold you a trash system. Short term solution if you don't want to dye anything is keep your sides and back buzzed to avoid anyone noticing. You can pull off a great look.

Don't be rude on here man, we're all in the same boat... TRYING to help YOU.

Hope it works out. maybe try a different supplier?