Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

walker8476

Reaction score
Currently hairloss is making me suicidal. I have already had one attempt at suicide.

I can't understand why someone would want to live with no hair. I think "What's the point"

IBM

Reaction score
you're living to understand why a person can live without hair.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
talk to people that shave their head and have no male pattern baldness to worry about.

powersam

Reaction score
noone is going to commit or attempt to commit suicide over hair loss. they'll simply use hair loss as an excuse to avoid the other real problems in their life.

s.a.f

Reaction score
walker8476 said:
No I'm just saying I can't understand why someone would wan't to live without hair.

No one wants to live without hair but millions do. Just as no one wants to be poor but millions are.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
walker8476 said:
No I'm just saying I can't understand why someone would wan't to live without hair.

I choose to live without hair. It's more practical, and it feels good. You may as well ask why people live without beards or mustaches, since many people shave them off every day. Check out the link in my sig.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't understand why someone would want to live with no hair. I think "What's the point"

Is hair the point of your life? Its like saying there is no point to life without having toenails.

Why?

The point is to enjoy life! do you really need hair for that? or just a new attitude?

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
walker8476 said:
Currently hairloss is making me suicidal. I have already had one attempt at suicide.

brother....listen up.....discovering hairloss is like discovering sex....you think it's totally unique to you and that no one else has ever experienced those feelings before.

well let me say it's as old as the hills ....been here since year dot and will still be around long after you're dead and buried....

NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I get what you mean about not wanting to live without hair. It's like who wants to live if they're just gonna feel old their whole life. Everyone tries to say "It's just hair," but to me, I feel like an old man at 23 with 60+ more years to go. People always associate being young with having one's whole life ahead of them, and having endless possibilities, but now that my hair is fading, I sometimes feel like the show is over for me. I haven't accomplished anything great. I still don't know what I want to become, and I worry in a few years, I will feel like a washed up old man. All my friends (who are younger than me) are graduating college, mostly with full heads of hair, and I'm still trying to get everything together. By the time I achieve anything, I will be middle aged and bald. Wasn't there supposed to be a point in my life when I was young, happy, successful, and seeing the world? What happened to that stage? Did I just miss it entirely? I think all of us have feelings similar to these at times, but don't let these moments get the best of you. I think you will find another reason to live, and maybe even something or someone else that makes you feel young again. The best is yet to come. Don't give up. Please.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Wasn't there supposed to be a point in my life when I was young, happy, successful, and seeing the world? What happened to that stage? Did I just miss it entirely?

Man I've been there. :(

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitley sounds like depression and the realization that he is losing his hair at an early age. The first few years are the hardest but as you reach late 20's you will learn to deal with it better. Still sucks. Just look around at all the successful bald people there are and you will see it is not the end of the world. Atleast that is what I tell myself.

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
Man up motherfucker!

walker8476

Reaction score
blondeguy said:
walker8476 said:

I choose to live without hair. It's more practical, and it feels good. You may as well ask why people live without beards or mustaches, since many people shave them off every day. Check out the link in my sig.

People live without beards and mustaches because most people know a clean shaven face looks better than a beard or mustache.

If you choose to have facial hair and people stare at it or make jokes about it then you can simply shave it off. Problem solved.

If you have hairloss and people look at you hair and think "Gee he's loosing his hair" or make bald jokes or don't consider you attractive because of it, then you have NO option.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have to somehow stop thinking about what other people think. Yeah, they'll say that guy's bald or losing it, hahaha, then they start thinking about their mortgage or their job or some other sh*t. You can't live your life according to the split second responses of other people.

I have to agree though, I don't know why balding men come in for such stick. The world needs a good dose of empathy.

walker8476

Reaction score
Everyone worries about what people think. That's why we don't wear the same clothes everyday.

You can live a lie a say to yourself over and over again " I don't care what people think" but deep down inside you do care.

If you could take one pill and all your hair would grow back immediately would you take it? If the answer is yes, then that means you do care about what people think about your hair.

IBM

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Sir Guy of Frizzbourne":b1aa5] Wasn't there supposed to be a point in my life when I was young, happy, successful, and seeing the world? What happened to that stage? Did I just miss it entirely?

Man I've been there. :([/quote:b1aa5]

Western modern societies invented that thing about youth, money, fun, fashion and brightness. Look at young soccer stars or actors from Holywood. Everyone wants to be like them and hairloss is not acceptable.

To the thread starter. Dont complain on your genetics, complain on people that made your genetics unacceptable.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
walker8476 said:
Everyone worries about what people think. That's why we don't wear the same clothes everyday.

You can live a lie a say to yourself over and over again " I don't care what people think" but deep down inside you do care.

If you could take one pill and all your hair would grow back immediately would you take it? If the answer is yes, then that means you do care about what people think about your hair.

Yes, you care, but you can't let it decide whether you live or die. The title of this thread is suicide - you can't let THEM decide whether you live or die.

As for that pill, O brother, I would assassinate captains and kings for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.