Suicidal Thoughts

T

tellersquill

Has anyone had any experiences with suicidal thoughts?

For me it has nothing to do with hairloss and is more about life in general. I'm not a doom and gloom guy, in fact quite the opposite: I think life can be beautiful, the world has some amazing places that I'd love to visit and when life is good then it really is worth living.

However, its the practical side of life that is depressing. The day to day grind of working a job you don't like because what you are passionate about doesn't earn any money. The world events that seem to conspire against humanity. Cruelty that humans commit to each other. Illness and ageing.

Sometimes I think it Is better to be dead. I mean, there are many beautiful things in this world but we seldom have chance to enjoy them because we are too busy surviving and earning a living.

I guess that is why suicide is so tempting.

daveyj

Reaction score
I think everyone has thought of it... but i would talk to a professional ASAP if you truly are contemplating it. Its not worth it!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

For me it has nothing to do with hairloss and is more about life in general. I'm not a doom and gloom guy, in fact quite the opposite: I think life can be beautiful, the world has some amazing places that I'd love to visit and when life is good then it really is worth living.

However, its the practical side of life that is depressing. The day to day grind of working a job you don't like because what you are passionate about doesn't earn any money. The world events that seem to conspire against humanity. Cruelty that humans commit to each other. Illness and ageing.

Sometimes I think it Is better to be dead. I mean, there are many beautiful things in this world but we seldom have chance to enjoy them because we are too busy surviving and earning a living.

You can't determine the rest of your life based on today. Look forward to the future. Keep your mind busy by learning new things. Recently, such a simple thing has increased my mood 100% - the viola. It sounds weird, but it's true. I saw one on Amazon, bought it for $80. Now, whenever my mind starts to wonder, or I get dark thoughts, I pick it up and try to learn something new. If you are constantly trying to better yourself and explore new regions of your brain and heart, it's a lot harder for it to fall into that deep, dark, perpetually endless pit.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
There is one suicide every 40 seconds.You will die anyway. When you really try it and you are close to death,you will see if its worth it...

g.i joey

Reaction score

We're all gonna die anyways. Why not enjoy these on average 50 to 90 years of life before you end up just like everyone else; dead.

T

tellersquill

We're all gonna die anyways. Why not enjoy these on average 50 to 90 years of life before you end up just like everyone else; dead.

Because day to day life isn't looking too appealing.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Life can feel like an existence rife with little more than desperate loneliness.
The fear comes and goes so I try to focus on my love one's best interests and
the implacable grief and shocking consequences that generally follow such a tragic act.

We must press on and find strength in the fact that our life is real proof
how we are selflessly committed to protecting our family; the same one's
who quietly look and rely on us in their own way for courage and content.

magma11

Reaction score
Agree with what others have said. Everyone is going to die so there's no reason to rush, live your life even if you think your life sucks.
An eternity of nothingness before you are born, and after you die, makes you realize that this moment you are alive is so important. Suicide is such a waste...