Suggestions to make hair thicker- 2 years Min/finasteride usage

JasonC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, Im 43yr old that has been using Finasteride and Minoxidil for the past 2 years. I also take Saw Palmetto, Zinc, Biotin, B12 and vitamin D. Ive seen more hairs grow within this time and can still notice baby hairs still growing in on my more balder areas. The new hairs seem to be thinner than my existing hairs. Anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to make my hairs thicker. I started using oral Minoxidil 9 months ago and have been derma stamping the past 4 months. I also use a rosemary shampoo a few times a week as well as rosemary oil and a castor oil. My fist 2 pics are the day before i started using Min/finasteride, 4 months no haircut. The last 2 are from Dec. 2023 2 months no haircut

Attachments

• 1stf.jpg
    1stf.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 1stb.jpg
    1stb.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 2ndf.jpg
    2ndf.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 2ndb.jpg
    2ndb.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you're pretty much doing everything that can be done. You hardly had anything to begin with so you can't expect much and you're 43.

I think this is as good as it's going to get unless you go for a transplant.

JasonC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you're pretty much doing everything that can be done. You hardly had anything to begin with so you can't expect much and you're 43.

I think this is as good as it's going to get unless you go for a transplant.
i would like to give it another year before i decide to get a transplant

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil, dutasteride and RU58841

JasonC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil, dutasteride and RU58841
I think I've had good results with minoxidil and finasteride over the past 2 years. I would have been completely bald if i didn't start using those 2. I've been wanting to try a topical dutasteride, never heard of RU58841. I may start giving these 2 a try and see if it helps any. i see new hairs growing in all the time so here's to being hopeful

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Understood. Hairloss is a lifetime battle.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I've had good results with minoxidil and finasteride over the past 2 years. I would have been completely bald if i didn't start using those 2. I've been wanting to try a topical dutasteride, never heard of RU58841. I may start giving these 2 a try and see if it helps any. i see new hairs growing in all the time so here's to being hopeful
Maybe in your balls xD

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's encouraging to hear about the progress you've made with your hair growth journey! To address thinning hairs and enhance thickness further, consider maintaining a balanced diet rich in essential nutrients for hair health. Additionally, scalp massages and the use of essential oils known for hair-strengthening properties can promote thicker hair growth. Managing stress levels is also important. Platforms like BidRx.com can provide valuable insights and resources for exploring further treatment options or supplements. Keep up the dedication to your hair care routine, and I wish you continued success!

Last edited: