Suffering From Post Finistride Syndrom

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys its time to post,
it seems like i am having PFS.

i took the finasteride for 2-3 months with dosage as follows
0.5mg for 1 week got testicular discomfort which went away on its own.
0.25mg for may be 2 weeks to one month. ; started to get puffy nipples but no gyne.
stopped oral dose started with 0.1% finasteride topical in 5% minoxidil solution. puffy nipples decreased.
but than started getting weak morning erections but still have good spontaneous and stimulated erections.
than start feeling numbness of penis glans.
with the onset of numbness i stopped finasteride.
with in one week i get back to normal but after that one week i sort of crash and got severe ED for almost one week i was completely impotent even stimulation was unable to get an erection.
After that it has been 3 months.

there are about 3 episodes in which i get better almost up to 70% pre finasteride.
But every time it was short lived, The longest recovery period was 1 week after 29 days intermittent fasting of Ramadan.

at this time the side effects are.
Anxiety
very low libido.
ED.
Testicular shrinkage and cold balls.
Hard flacid ( hard penis in flacid state).
numbness of penis glans.
Puffy nipples in the morning; this has decreased to just morning and rarely happen other time of day

i have done some blood work after 2 month of stopping finistride
Testosterone : 923 ng/dl (300-850)
LH : 6.0 (2-7)
FSH : 2.2 its low
prolactin : 13 (4-14)
Estradiol : 42 <39

anyone can give any advice.

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's nothing you can do. Hopefully it will improve with time. And I mean ALOT of time. A few years..

Charles Rane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried nofap? because most side effects you mention can also be the result of watching p**rn or too much masturbation.

Also, stop visiting propeciahelp. That site will only make you paranoid and make you feel like you are doomed for life, which is a load of crap. There is no scientific evidence that pfs exists, and most guys on propeciahelp also recover after a while.

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Charles Rane you know its not your fault that you think about it this way, i also thought exactly like you, but now i have it and i know it, I only went to that site after getting this syndrome. believe me or not it is real.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's nothing you can do. Hopefully it will improve with time. And I mean ALOT of time. A few years..

Welcome back Bobster!

g.i joey

Reaction score
Wait... a simple scan of your blood work would tell you your problems are estrogen related. Give it time, don't take finasteride as a topical for now. Give it weeks for your body to recover and your estrogen to go below the limit.

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took propecia for 7 days (1mg) first then quit for a few weeks then tried again (0.5mg) for about 2 weeks, quit again, got same side effects. I've been off of it for almost 3 weeks now and it keeps getting better. I think finasteride is a no go for me. Reading other posts tells me to not even bother lowering the dosage and trying a third time, as i will just happen again, just later.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took propecia for 7 days (1mg) first then quit for a few weeks then tried again (0.5mg) for about 2 weeks, quit again, got same side effects. I've been off of it for almost 3 weeks now and it keeps getting better. I think finasteride is a no go for me. Reading other posts tells me to not even bother lowering the dosage and trying a third time, as i will just happen again, just later.

dont push through the sides man it aint worth it

look into other options

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If money is no objection, which one should I try?

ru. it is meant to be the strongest one, but can also give you sides like finasteride. im actually not sure if its that expensive anymore. topical spironolactone might be more expensive now but a lot weaker

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ru. it is meant to be the strongest one, but can also give you sides like finasteride. im actually not sure if its that expensive anymore. topical spironolactone might be more expensive now but a lot weaker

If RU is topical how can it gives sides like which is oral?

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude im too tired to answer proper questions. i am no expert. im just a bald troll watching youtube videos about bears and sh*t
Bears, I wonder if they ever go bald. Imagine if instead of going bald you start growing hair on your entire head.