Suffering Extreme Hair Loss At 16 Years Of Age

James194

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys I am about 16 years of age and I’ve been noticing my hair has been falling rapidly. Today I ran my hand through my hair and when I look at it there is easily around 15 hairs on it. If anyone knows any treatments please let me know as soon as possible because I am only 16 suffering from all of this hair loss and I feel like it’ll effect my college life. I’ve used monoxidil and viviscal but none have worked.

Attachments

• E33E697E-A3FE-47BE-AE45-5868B4FA8D32.jpeg
    E33E697E-A3FE-47BE-AE45-5868B4FA8D32.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 258

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil for now. You'll hope that'll hold till your around twentyish. Then finasteride.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
You need to wait at least until 18 to start finasteride. I would say twenty would be even safer. This is a tough situation for sure, I'm sorry this is happening to you. Minoxidil can help in the short term until then.

BeauH

My Regimen
Reaction score
ru58841 is a good alternative to finasteride. It only keeps dht from bonding to the hair follicle. It doesn’t stop dht from being produced in the body so no hormone problems.

But please remember, the purpose of your life is not hair or women. The purpose of your life is this:

if a full head of hair keeps you from this, it would be much better for you to lose all your hair

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using Min? If it’s recently then that’s probably the source of the shedding. Part of how it works is to trigger healthier growth of new hairs, but it can only do that by shedding out what’s there. It can also take 6-12 months to show improvement.

Unfortunately, that’s about all you can do for the moment. finasteride/dutasteride are out of the question at your age; you need to finish maturing before you take it.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
ru58841 is a good alternative to finasteride. It only keeps dht from bonding to the hair follicle. It doesn’t stop dht from being produced in the body so no hormone problems.

But please remember, the purpose of your life is not hair or women. The purpose of your life is this:

if a full head of hair keeps you from this, it would be much better for you to lose all your hair
What the f*** lol.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The most effective hair growth stimulant is liquid minoxidil.
beware side effects tho