suddenly shedding... suddenly stop shedding..

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
During the past year my hair was shedding like rain.. I was n't really interested because I never thought it's male pattern baldness.. I woke some day to discover that my hairline has already much receded and my hair denisty (on the top of head) became very light.

Now my hair stopped shedding for more than four months (now I barely find a fallen hair in comb or pillow or during path).. and the final look of me is bald temples and light density hair on the top..

now I am using midox to recover the lost hair.. but I have a very important question:
will my hair not shed again and this is my final look for the following ten or 20 years? or it is just a small period of rest before continuing the suffer again?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Especially in your case, which is a regimen lacking dht inhibitors, your minoxidil results will be short-lived. Will probably start declining after the 2 year mark.

Why haven't you included an inhibitor?

Minoxidil is merely a growth stimulant. It does not interfere with the balding process. Your follicles keep being damaged by dht and this will become obvious in one or two years from now.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
ahmedwk said:
now I am using midox to recover the lost hair.. but I have a very important question:
will my hair not shed again and this is my final look for the following ten or 20 years? or it is just a small period of rest before continuing the suffer again?

I'm sorry to say that there is no way to give a definitive answer. The best you can do is look at your family history, and compare your loss with that of another male ancestor. You may notice your loss resembles the pattern in this ancestor. If so, this is likely where you may "end up." That would be the best guess. I wish I could give you something better to go on. Sorry.

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
Why haven't you included an inhibitor?
because, I am very afraid of its side effects!! I am not sure of this 2% ratio of sexual problems.. I am very afraid of this gyno (men breasts) problems..

another issue, that my hair stopped falling.. this encouraged me that I should work only on recovering the lost hair.

now regarding my famiily history.. yes.. my mother's family is full of bald men.. actually most men in my mom's family are bald or having MUCH receeded hairline..

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
propecia isnt the only dht inhibitor. You could also use revivogen or spironolactone. they dont have those sexual side effects.

Deaner

Reaction score
Your hair ceasing to fall out doesn't mean its not still getting owned by DHT. Shedding isn't always a reaction to this DHT affliction, your hair is likely progressively growing with a thinner shaft, and spending less time in the growth phase, leading to the eventual loss of cosmetic significance of the affected hairs.

My suggestion if you really want to keep your hair is to get on an inhibitor like Propecia, the likelihood of the side effects is very minimal, and if you get them, the likelihood of them remaining after discontinuation of the drug is equally minimal. Plus, as suggested, there are topical inhibitors that don't carry the risk of side effects of their systemically absorbed counterparts.

I've been on Propecia for 19 months now, and I have yet to run into any trouble. Good luck!

Cassin

Reaction score
moving to the section called.........

" Shedding Shedding Shedding!
The most common but single most DIFFICULT thing to go through when treating hair loss..."

SE-freak

Reaction score
Deaner said:
Your hair ceasing to fall out doesn't mean its not still getting owned by DHT. Shedding isn't always a reaction to this DHT affliction, your hair is likely progressively growing with a thinner shaft, and spending less time in the growth phase, leading to the eventual loss of cosmetic significance of the affected hairs.

Listen to Deaner.

male pattern baldness may be progressive but not necessarily continuous. It may come in bursts. You have to use some kind of inhibitor-even topical, to enjoy any regrowth given by stimulants.

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
the likelihood of them remaining after discontinuation of the drug is equally minimal

:shock: is it possible for the side effects to remain after discontinuing propecia? I never heard of that!!

I think you are right, guys.. I should use inhibitor.. and now I have three options:
1. Propecia
2. revivogen
3. spironolactone

jeffsss

Reaction score
ahmedwk said:
because, I am very afraid of its side effects!! I am not sure of this 2% ratio of sexual problems.. I am very afraid of this gyno (men breasts) problems..

I too am very concerned about this.

I recently bought Genox which is a estrogen blocker. after doing more research on the drug i'm going to find a way to have a safe dosage and take it with my propecia.

what'll be nice is ... in say 5 years or so when hair multiplication comes out.. i wont have to deal with drugs as much, i'm sure none of the crap we take is healhty for the human body

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
what'll be nice is ... in say 5 years or so when hair multiplication comes out.. i wont have to deal with drugs as much, i'm sure none of the crap we take is healhty for the human body

HM will cost you a fortune.. can you afford 20-30K to restore ur hair?

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
up!

I know that propecia side effects will go away after stopping it. but is there a very tiny possiblity that the side effects won't get away after stopping propecia?

side effects include: gyno, libido loss,...

I posted this as new post but it got deleted..

jeffsss

Reaction score
ahmedwk said:
up!

I know that propecia side effects will go away after stopping it. but is there a very tiny possiblity that the side effects won't get away after stopping propecia?

side effects include: gyno, libido loss,...

I posted this as new post but it got deleted..

gyno wont go away.

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
:shock: damn!! but this is very dangerous.. how ppl takes it if some side effects like gyno don't go away

jeffsss

Reaction score
ahmedwk said:
:shock: damn!! but this is very dangerous.. how ppl takes it if some side effects like gyno don't go away

you can buy anti-estrogens..

i hear red wine and grape juice is good for you too.

those are the only ways to offset gyno..

or you could always get it surgically removed if your gyno is bad.. !?

gyno is real, and it affects more people than merck says it does.. but good news is there ARE ways to offset it.. i strongly suggest you look into it before committing..