Guys I am having intense hair fall please help me out with a solution

Attachments

• IMG_20190526_144448.jpg
    IMG_20190526_144448.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 683

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I this something you have noticed lately, and it is thinner than before? Is that wet hair?

If it's thinner than before, then sorry to say it, but you most likely have male pattern baldness. Hard to tell without pictures of the temples though.
I would do two things. Don't live in denial or listen to what your family says. Start minoxidil. Ketokonazole shampoo once or twice per week could be added, but it's not that important. Finasteride would be the next thing, but 19 years old is like borderline age and I would maybe wait a 1-3 years to be sure that you are fully developed.

Last edited:

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello,

It may be male pattern baldness, it is quite difficult to say anything without doing any proper examination of your scalp.
Proper pictures are required.
As you are very young so it's difficult to prescribe you any medications.
Need to know about your family history as well for a more precise answer.
There are only two US FDA approved medications for controlling hair loss - Minoxidil and finasteride
As you are very young so it's important to consult a dermatologist for any medications.
Treatments like derma roller, PRP, micro needling, etc are good for controlling hair fall and for hair regrowth.
My advice is to get yourself checked.

Yakaaka

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 17 and I’m already on finasteride for a month with 0 sides hairloss stopped completely if I were you I would not dermaroll as it could cause bacteria to enter ur scalp and cause infections just get on finasteride and minoxidil asap!

Tented

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the condition after 2 years. Everyone on my father's side has full head of thick black hair except grandfather.

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_220044~2.jpg
    IMG_20200702_220044~2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 337

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I am having intense hair fall please help me out with a solution

Hey there friend.

So perhaps what you have is Telogen Effluvium... meaning if you have had a lot of stress recently sometimes hair just exits growing and falls out. If it is telogen effluvoum usually it all comes back.

If it is Not, and if it Is male patte n baldness, then you will want to block DHT through the usage of finasterade.

If you are afraid of the side effects though, you could always try to use Do It Yourself Zix.
It is a topical do it yourself formula that does not have systemic side effects that many believe has helped them maintain their hair to a good degree. Usually not as strong as finasterade but it likely can help.

Please let me know if you have any questions

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. Male pattern Baldness. Doesnt matter if your dad still has his hair. Theres a 0,000001% chance that is Telogen Effluvium. I wouldn't bet on it.

Tented

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. Male pattern Baldness. Doesnt matter if your dad still has his hair. Theres a 0,000001% chance that is Telogen Effluvium. I wouldn't bet on it.
What will happen if i do not get medication

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not male pattern baldness but female pattern baldness - male pattern would be if you start to recede around your front and temples or if you start to have a thinning around your tonsure;

You are losing your hair equally all over the top of your head, so you have a general thinning; Anyway, the treatment stays the same; You should get

1. Finasteride (Buy 5mg 100 pills and split them in 4 or 5 pieces and take one every day, should be as cheap as 30 € per year here in Europe)
2. Use Minoxidil - if you dont like to apply it every day, use oral minoxidil
3. Use Ketoconazole 2% shampoo twice a week, also known as Nizoral; If you want it to be more effective, you can mix it with Ethanol and Glycerin and leave it on the scalp for an hour or so

Finasteride can cause side effects, if you do experience you could switch to some experimental drugs like RU; Sides from minoxidil might be increased heart beat etc. If you suffer from that, lower your dosis; There are no real side effects from Keoconazole but it is also to least effective one

Tented

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not male pattern baldness but female pattern baldness - male pattern would be if you start to recede around your front and temples or if you start to have a thinning around your tonsure;

You are losing your hair equally all over the top of your head, so you have a general thinning; Anyway, the treatment stays the same; You should get

1. Finasteride (Buy 5mg 100 pills and split them in 4 or 5 pieces and take one every day, should be as cheap as 30 € per year here in Europe)
2. Use Minoxidil - if you dont like to apply it every day, use oral minoxidil
3. Use Ketoconazole 2% shampoo twice a week, also known as Nizoral; If you want it to be more effective, you can mix it with Ethanol and Glycerin and leave it on the scalp for an hour or so

Finasteride can cause side effects, if you do experience you could switch to some experimental drugs like RU; Sides from minoxidil might be increased heart beat etc. If you suffer from that, lower your dosis; There are no real side effects from Keoconazole but it is also to least effective one
What is the cause of this kind of hair loss?

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
A sensitivity of DHT that causes hair follicles to shrink and die - why we have different hair loss patterns and why we lose hair the way we do is something noone can tell you

Tented

My Regimen
Reaction score
A sensitivity of DHT that causes hair follicles to shrink and die - why we have different hair loss patterns and why we lose hair the way we do is something noone can tell you
Can you tell me how much time do I have left?
I actually used ketoconazole shampoo for about 2 months. I also had dandruff at that point.
My doctor told me not to use it after my dandruff is gone. I thought it is for dandruff.
Should I continue to use it?

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to baba_yaga; The amount of hairs you lost in these areas is already more than 50% (at least it looks like that in the picture);

But I have good news for you: It is almost impossible to regrow hair at points where there is no hair left; For example, if your hairline receded or your temples got big, you will normally not be able to improve that;

But thinning at the tonsure or thinning on top of the scalp has usually high chances for regrowth, i.e. if you react well to the finasteride (let's say belong to the better 30% of responders, so nothing impossible) you will most likely grow 90% of your hair back

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess this guy knows it better, sorry for my wrong statement about female pattern baldness - the difference can be quite subtle;

Anyway - everything I said about Finasteride and Treatments should be nevertheless correct

Tented

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess this guy knows it better, sorry for my wrong statement about female pattern baldness - the difference can be quite subtle;

Anyway - everything I said about Finasteride and Treatments should be nevertheless correct
I started using Ketoconasole shampoo today. Will it stop the hair loss or do I need more advanced treatment. Actually I am worried about the side effects.

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can

Can you tell me which Norwood stage I am in?
You are diffuse thinning. The Norwood scale is not applicable in your case.

What you need to know is that once the thinning is visible, you have already lost more than 50% of your hair in that spot, which is bad.

KobayashiYuuta

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is something weird: i have almost never seen any research on diffuse thinning, they only focus on traditional norwood recession. i know diffuse thinning is male pattern baldness. but again, weird...