Successful Derma-rollers, What Device Are You Using?

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the device make a difference? For those who have had success with dermarolling, what device are you using and pin needle?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the device make a difference? For those who have had success with dermarolling, what device are you using and pin needle?

Anyone using DERMA PEN, what size is best for the scalp? 24, 36 or 48 Pin Heads? is the 48 pin tip to dense? cause shock loss?

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d like to know what kind those who have had success use. I’ve been dermarolling since January or February with no noticeable difference. I was Dr Pen Ultima A6 with 12 pin needles at 1.5mm depth, going vertical and horizontal 6 times each and diagonally 2 times, weekly. Does it matter what device? Has anyone had success with Dr Pen?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im just using a 1.5mm zgts roller i got off ebay, seems to be working fine, previously used a dr.pen ultima a6 at 2.5mm.

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im just using a 1.5mm zgts roller i got off ebay, seems to be working fine, previously used a dr.pen ultima a6 at 2.5mm.
Why did you switch device? I wonder if the type of device matters.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you switch device? I wonder if the type of device matters.

I switched because the derma pen was pulling out lots of hairs when using it, i switched to the roller to avoid this problem.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've found that 1.5mm derma roller (192 needles) is far superior to a derma stamp and the Derminator. I've not used a derma pen so I can't say anything about it.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t think it matters - I originally started with a dermaroller 1.5mm and had success.

Switched to a manual dermastamp 1.5mm and continued to have success.

As long as you wound carefully and to an adequate depth I don’t think it matters what you use. No need to spend £100s on dermapens.

Make sure you keep thinks sterile.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t think it matters - I originally started with a dermaroller 1.5mm and had success.

Switched to a manual dermastamp 1.5mm and continued to have success.

As long as you wound carefully and to an adequate depth I don’t think it matters what you use. No need to spend £100s on dermapens.

Make sure you keep thinks sterile.
exactly

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you guys derma-roll? once a week? twice? Do you apply anything afterwards? before?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you guys derma-roll? once a week? twice? Do you apply anything afterwards? before?

Im rolling with a 2.5mm roller every night for a couple of minutes, i don't press that hard, just enough for some redness and a few tiny blood spots, i then apply minoxidil, then roll for about another minute. I do this on wet hair and i use the foam, much easier to use than liquid.