Success Without Finasteride

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
I figured I'll post and give something back, since this forum gave me some useful information. I began this a year ago and I've gone from shedding of 500 hairs a day and an NW2-2.5 to an NW1.5. My hair has thickened up as well. It's pretty costly, but very easy to fit in with my busy schedule. I've also been able to avoid internal DHT-inhibitors, which had too many negative effects upon me. What I do is as follows:

Topical RU58841 - 1.0-1.5 grams per month, mixed with 50ml 190 proof everclear, and 10ml PPG, applied 1x daily
Minoxidil 5%- 1ml applied 1x per day
Needling- 2x per week, this takes 5 mins per needling, done with 31g insulin needle, minoxidil application immediately afterwards
Retin A -2-3x per week
Nizoral shampoo with 1% spironolactone (ground up pills) - every other day
Occasional scalp exercises-not intense
Healthier Diet- cleaner foods and 30-40% calories from carbs (most people eat WAY too many carbs, which can contribute to insulin resistance)
DMSO peel- I did this the first month. No pain, just lots of flaky skin that looked like dandruff.

There you go. It takes an extra 5-10 minutes a day, and works. The only side effects were some minor irritation from the PPG, which cleared up after a week or two. If you have the money then give it a shot.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
spinner2 said:
I figured I'll post and give something back, since this forum gave me some useful information. I began this a year ago and I've gone from shedding of 500 hairs a day and an NW2-2.5 to an NW1.5. My hair has thickened up as well. It's pretty costly, but very easy to fit in with my busy schedule. I've also been able to avoid internal DHT-inhibitors, which had too many negative effects upon me. What I do is as follows:

Topical RU58841 - 1.0-1.5 grams per month, mixed with 50ml 190 proof everclear, and 10ml PPG, applied 1x daily
Minoxidil 5%- 1ml applied 1x per day
Needling- 2x per week, this takes 5 mins per needling, done with 31g insulin needle, minoxidil application immediately afterwards
Retin A -2-3x per week
Nizoral shampoo with 1% spironolactone (ground up pills) - every other day
Occasional scalp exercises-not intense
Healthier Diet- cleaner foods and 30-40% calories from carbs (most people eat WAY too many carbs, which can contribute to insulin resistance)
DMSO peel- I did this the first month. No pain, just lots of flaky skin that looked like dandruff.

There you go. It takes an extra 5-10 minutes a day, and works. The only side effects were some minor irritation from the PPG, which cleared up after a week or two. If you have the money then give it a shot.

congrats on the success man! one question: to make that 1% spironolactone shampoo with the nizoral, exactly how much spironolactone do you add to a 120 ml bottle of nizoral. are you using 1 or 2% nizoral? and where do u buy your spironolactone pills from? thanks man

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
I use 2% Nizoral shampoo. I bought the spironolactone from inhouse pharmacy. I put 2g in my bottle of Nizoral. Ideally you should split the bottle of nizoral in 2 and put 1g in 60ml of nizoral, and then put the second 1g in the second 60ml when you run out. The reason is that the half-life of spironolactone isn't too long when you mix it, and the shampoo lasts a while. Some people mentioned using PPG as well, but I didn't bother. I'm not sure whether I will use PPG next time around.

bubka

Reaction score
who do people who have success without finasteride or dutasteride never able to post pictures or other quantitative data???

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Like the Double-A guy...No pictures at all... but wait what about the guy with aloe vera & kezo..... viewtopic.php?f=30&t=42720

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
PPG is propylene glycol. RU passed phase 1 trials with zero safety issues, so I think it's OK. I haven't had sides.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
What RU does and does not do compare to Dutasteride & Finasteride??? What is so special about it? I know a lot of people here doesn't know sh*t about it..Like me..I just know is still under trial and they had success with monkeys! so probably gonna work on me! and it is from France and the stuff is available so far from China...Probably made from poisonous toys!

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Use the search feature. Everything I know about RU58841 I learned from it. The main reason to use it is that the effect on DHT isn't systemic, so there aren't sides like ED, weight gain, or brain fog.

Sorry I haven't taken pictures of my hairline, but I'm not an obsessive neurotic. If you find it unbelievable I've had regrowth then you're crazy. I'm taking a lot of different stuff.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
spinner2 said:
PPG is propylene glycol. RU passed phase 1 trials with zero safety issues, so I think it's OK. I haven't had sides.

Like i know they haven't made test on humans, but systematic absorption can be more tricky than oral finasteride because is more powerful. RU is good alternative to finasteride but haven't seen lot of studies about possible side affects. I really like to try it because i don't plan to use drug like finasteride/dus before having kids.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
who do people who have success without finasteride or dutasteride never able to post pictures or other quantitative data???

Actually there where photos from guy who used RU and the result was quite impressive

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe they did Phase 1 trials, which means low-dose tests on humans for safety. There was no systemic effect from the drug. In my situation I have found this to be true. If you're worried about sides then try it out along with blood tests. I've only heard of one person on any forum reporting sides from it, and their problems may have been placebo or unrelated.

Give it a shot if you have the money, and decide from there.

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's what I found on RU58841. It was resold a while ago when the original company went out of business, so it's now known as PSK3841:

Topical Anti-Androgen _ PSK3841 Topical Anti-Androgen _ PSK3841

PSK 3841 is an innovative molecule with a unique mechanism of action for the treatment of androgen-dependent conditions, such as alopecia and acne. PSK 3841 is an innovative molecule with a unique mechanism of action for the treatment of androgen-dependent conditions, such as alopecia and acne.

In pre-clinical studies, it has shown promising activity in various animal models of acne, alopecia and hirsutism. In pre-clinical studies, it has shown promising activity in various animal models of acne, hirsutism and alopecia. The product has good systemic and dermal tolerance. The product has good systemic and dermal tolerance. In human clinical pharmacology, there was no systemic anti-androgenic activity and again good general and dermal tolerance. In human clinical pharmacology, there was no systemic anti-androgenic activity and again good general and dermal tolerance.

PSK 3841 has completed several Phase I studies and is currently in Phase II for alopecia. PSK 3841 has completed several Phase I studies and is currently in Phase II for alopecia. A clinical proof of principle phase II study in acne is also ongoing. A clinical proof of principle phase II study in acne is also ongoing.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
spinner2 said:
I believe they did Phase 1 trials, which means low-dose tests on humans for safety. There was no systemic effect from the drug. In my situation I have found this to be true. If you're worried about sides then try it out along with blood tests. I've only heard of one person on any forum reporting sides from it, and their problems may have been placebo or unrelated.

I will do research about RU, money aren't problem aslong this thing give good result and no sides. I've read that RU in liposomal is much more better than PG/Alcohol variant, what do u thing on this?

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
kento said:
spinner2 said:

I will do research about RU, money aren't problem aslong this thing give good result and no sides. I've read that RU in liposomal is much more better than PG/Alcohol variant, what do u thing on this?
I wouldn't want to use a transdermal with something like DMSO, which might take the substance into the bloodstream. If it just increased absorption then it might be useful. It would depend on how complicated it is to mix the RU and the liposomal. I'm waiting for someone to test it and post about exactly how they mixed it.