Success with Revivogen?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of you guys complaining about Revivogen and it's itchy effect. But has anyone seen regrowth from it?

In theory it should be amazing, blocking 98% of scalp DHT.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Buffboy said:
In theory it should be amazing, blocking 98% of scalp DHT.

Always wondered that myself. I can not remember reading any posts regarding Revivogen that were overly positive. "It's okay" is normally the response you get "only been on 6 months" and thats it. Nothing about regrowth. Although, Revivogen and spironolactone seems to get mentioned as a good combo by HairLossTalk.com, who uses it himself, plus a few others.

Viperfish was using Revivogen as his main gun and i think he discontinued usage.

viperfish

Reaction score
Yes, I used it for not quite 8 months. Had really nothing positive to report from its use. It caused alot of irritation and my scalp had sort of an itchy feeling all the time. I figured if revivogen is doing this there is really no point in continuing. Shedding seemed to slow down, but then again I don't really have a problem with shedding now and I'd say I've been off revivogen for over 3 months. At first when I began using revivogen I noticed that my hair got slightly thicker so I was excited. Soon after though any thickening I thought I had disappeared. It seems to be that way with many people I talked to. They all report good things within the first 3 months and then things slowly reverse back to where they where.

That 98% inhibition of dht I don't buy. I think they say that due to the azelaic acid that is found within the formula. The testing with azelaic acid was conducted in vitro and not in vivo. Just because it inhibited dht by 98% in a test tube does not mean it will have the same effect on the scalp.

Lastly, my biggest problem with revivogen was the fact that it is so damn greasy and messy. I would put that stuff on my scalp at night and would not be able to leave the house. It would stain my pillow,etc even if I gave it plenty of time to dry. One of the biggest questions you gotta ask yourself before using revivogen is "Am I going to be able to put up with the smell and the way it will make my hair and scalp feel for a long time??".
It seems also as if alot of people have irritation problems with it. This is not good when your trying to fight hairloss. Also it contains zinc and there have been studies suggesting that zinc may be good for helping fight aganist hairloss in the short run, but in the long run it is actually bad for your hair.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The greasiness of revivogen also puts me off.

It just makes your hair look absolutley awful. You def can't wear it during the day and if you're going to apply it in the evening you def should not leave the house!

That being said if it was regrowing all of my hair (which it is not) then I wouldn't mind.

I think we are always going to come back to Propecia, minoxidil and Nizoral as the only *really* worthwhile treatments.

These treatments cover all the angles and if you can tolerate them there is, IMO, really no need at all to use anything else.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
It continues to shock me that people keep supporting these *snake* oil salesmen. I read these various sites on supposed "doctors" new treatments, like the topical DHT blocker (from Dr Lee or something??). I was excited first, then the phd in me said, er where are the research studies? If this was really a miracle cure that WORKED, you bet your a** that this would have been heard worldwide and Merck, Pfizer, other big pharma company would have bought the product and started selling it...

Just my $0.000002. I, of course, could be wrong :)

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Red Rose said:
I think we are always going to come back to Propecia, minoxidil and Nizoral as the only *really* worthwhile treatments.
I think this list is incomplete. Add copper peptides to it, because there is clinical evidence that they promote regrowth. Also, it is possible that laser treatment will be added to this list once the FDA trials currently being conducted are finished. There is some evidence that laser treatment promotes regrowth as well, so it's too early to say that the list of effective treatments is limited to the big three.

Also, treatments containing minoxidil, such as Proxiphen and Xandrox, should be added to the list.

Balding

Reaction score
I have been using Revivogen for a month, too early to determine its effectiveness. I don't find the smell to be that bad, and I have not had any itchy scalp side effects.
I also started Tricomin at the same time, that may be preventing any scalp problems. I don't know if I will continue using Revivogen after my three month supply is used, as I am already taking Propecia (have been for over six years).

viperfish

Reaction score
juststarting said:
It continues to shock me that people keep supporting these *snake* oil salesmen. I read these various sites on supposed "doctors" new treatments, like the topical DHT blocker (from Dr Lee or something??). I was excited first, then the phd in me said, er where are the research studies? If this was really a miracle cure that WORKED, you bet your a** that this would have been heard worldwide and Merck, Pfizer, other big pharma company would have bought the product and started selling it...

Just my $0.000002. I, of course, could be wrong :)

I don't exactly agree with you. There are plenty of in-vitro studies to support the use of revivogen, but then again they are in-vitro and not in-vivo. I agree that spironolactone and revivogen will not work as good as finasteride, but they have more research to back them up than 95% of the other things that are available for people with male pattern baldness.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm...Dissapointing that nobody has had success! :freaked2:

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
i might fall into the camp of "just started on revivogen" and I really dont want to sound like sort of salesmen but since i have been using revivogen in conjunction with American Crew Cu peptides the condition of my hair has improved as follows

1) Less hair falls out daily
2) My scalp is less visible
3) I am really tentively saying this one (as I dont want to jinx myself!) but i have recently noticed hairs growing along the hairline and these have been getting longer and not just that tiny peach fuzz stuff

my regimen has been going for 2 months now and consists of

Rev - 2mls every evening - despite whats been said i dont find the smell or the greasyness THAT bad - I mean its not the best thing in the world but i find with my shorter hairstyle its much more bearable

American Crew Copper Peptides - in the morning after my shower - i can feel it being absorbed in my head and actually makes styling my hair much easier

nizoral 2% every 3 days

I also have green tea and lysine just for the heck of it

Personally I hope that I dont get to the 3 month phase and it stops working as this progress has really improved both the look of my hair and the way i feel about the whole situation - but time will tell as always

hope that helps

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Revivogen for a good while now and it has slowed down my hairloss, but not halted it completely

I'm going to add spironolactone as well soon