Success with minoxidil, I think...

Super C

Reaction score
In posted this in the minoxidil forum but figured it was kind of a success story.

Noobie here, so be gentle. :) I'm a diffuse thinner (literally happened in the span of a year. Noticable NW3 shadow) and signed up for the uber expensive laser treatments about 9 months ago. About 2 weeks ago got onto minoxidil 5% (kirkland) MSM daily and Nizoral 1% bi-weekly combo. OVERNIGHT my shedding went down from30-40 hairs lost in the shower to less than 10. :shock:

I'm hoping HOPING this completely turns the loss around. I'd really rather not get on meds like finasteride. Oh, I'm 27 btw. Any comments?

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
It's unlikely for it to turn it completely around, but some people are really good responders to minoxidil.

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Hi Newbie, I have just read your text and was wondering who you had your 9 month laser treatment with? I am 11 months into a year programme with AHS and was hoping you were with them also. And not to happy with the results so wont to find a new regime? hope to hear back soon!

Goingat20

Reaction score
1PunchBob said:
Hi Newbie, I have just read your text and was wondering who you had your 9 month laser treatment with? I am 11 months into a year programme with AHS and was hoping you were with them also. And not to happy with the results so wont to find a new regime? hope to hear back soon!

You are wasting a lot of money by going to AHS. The laser therapy wont do much for you, as you have found out yourself. I would suggest a regime which includes propecia, minoxil ( as AHS give you but they rip you off) and nizoral shampoo. Read up on these and please stop wasting your money with AHS.

Super C

Reaction score
It's a local company called Aventi here in LA. I can't say it didn't help because it HAS evened out. That is, I got some hair back where it was SUPER thin, but thinned out arund it. It looks more uniform though, so I can't complain too much. I think I'll finish up the treatment then go on my own. :)

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Goingat20..... Cheers mate but have already wasted £3300 on the programme and the minoxidil stopped 9 months into it and i was told to only use it once a day and it was 5%? They have tried to get me using these DHT blocker tablets called serenoa, they taste, smell and look like saw palmento, and expect me to pay £35 a month for these. So i got 1 lot and then thats when i started to research abit and luckily fould this forum, so i could now get a better regime and stop getting ripped off!!

Goingat20

Reaction score
1PunchBob said:
Goingat20..... Cheers mate but have already wasted £3300 on the programme and the minoxidil stopped 9 months into it and i was told to only use it once a day and it was 5%? They have tried to get me using these DHT blocker tablets called serenoa, they taste, smell and look like saw palmento, and expect me to pay £35 a month for these. So i got 1 lot and then thats when i started to research abit and luckily fould this forum, so i could now get a better regime and stop getting ripped off!!

They told you to use it once a day because they probably wanted to save on there minoxidil. Minoxidil should be used twice a day (after years of using it, once a day could maintain). Serenoa is saw palmatto, i would suggest not using it as it will help your prostate but not your hair loss. Now you have found out about the forum, stay away from 'hair clinics' and if you need any info its all hear. Goodluck mate