Success with Dutasteride generics?

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Last year I took finasteride and I got sick of the side effects. I wanted to make the switch to Dutasteride because I heard that sometimes the sides aren't as bad.

I ordered Veltride by Intas from united pharmacy. I haven't had any sides but I have a strong suspicion that they are fakes. Plus, I haven't read a positive review for Veltride anywhere.

I am eager to switch to something else. Has anybody had success from any Dutasteride generic that they've ordered online? If so, which one is the best?

Thanks!

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I tried generic dutasteride from 4rx.com. I don't have problems with sides (been on finasteride for over 3 years), but I did experience an initial shed that scared the crap out of me. So, I'm pretty sure it's legit. Also, it comes in tablet form, so you can cut it in half or quarters if you want. (since .1mg is more effective than 5mg finasteride).

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Some people get worse sides with dutasteride than with finasteride. However, there are some reports of people who have sides on finasteride but none on dutasteride, and I too am planning on trying dutasteride in the near future. Minor finasteride sides are really irritating.

beaner

Reaction score
So you guys think that a drug that does the same thing to you as finasteride except it is even more potent might not give you side effects while finasteride does? That's some pretty solid logic. :whistle: :whistle:

Good luck with that.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
I tried generic dutasteride from 4rx.com. I don't have problems with sides (been on finasteride for over 3 years), but I did experience an initial shed that scared the crap out of me. So, I'm pretty sure it's legit. Also, it comes in tablet form, so you can cut it in half or quarters if you want. (since .1mg is more effective than 5mg finasteride).

What type of generic did you buy and from what manufacturer? Thanks.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
beaner said:
So you guys think that a drug that does the same thing to you as finasteride except it is even more potent might not give you side effects while finasteride does? That's some pretty solid logic. :whistle: :whistle:

Good luck with that.

It's not like we're just pulling something out of our ***. People on other forums (and here) have reported it. Just because they do the same type of thing doesn't mean that your body's going to react the same way.

Myself as an example with other medicines....Aspirin and Tylenol. They both are pain reducers, yet tylenol does almost nothing for me, while Aspirin works like a charm when I wake up sore from a heavy workout.

I'm not a doctor, and neither are you, so I doubt that either one of us can argue to a point why (or why not) we're right/wrong.

beaner

Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
It's not like we're just pulling something out of our ***. People on other forums (and here) have reported it. Just because they do the same type of thing doesn't mean that your body's going to react the same way.

Oh yes, because "testimonials" on the internet should always be taken as fact. That's more solid logic on your part.

finasteride and dutasteride work by the same mechanism and there would be no reason to think your body would not respond in a similar manner.

Rawtashk said:
Myself as an example with other medicines....Aspirin and Tylenol. They both are pain reducers, yet tylenol does almost nothing for me, while Aspirin works like a charm when I wake up sore from a heavy workout..

Bad example. Tylenol and aspirin don't work in the same way as each other.

Rawtashk said:
I'm not a doctor, and neither are you, so I doubt that either one of us can argue to a point why (or why not) we're right/wrong.

No, I'm not a doctor and you definitely are not a doctor. A doctor would tell you that you're crazy to think that dutasteride won't give you side effects if you already get them from finasteride. It's like thinking that you might not get drunk from Vodka even though a couple of beers gets you wasted.

Like I said---good luck with that.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Beaner, you're incorrect. On another hair loss forum there is a member by the name of DecadeTwo who has pointed out that in several studies done on finasteride and dutasteride, reports of side effects on dutasteride were actually significantly less than those on finasteride. There is a scientific basis to believe that, in a small group of people, side effects experienced on one of the medicines might not affect you on the other.

You are right to assume that for most people, side effects on one will mean side effects on the other. This is because of the blockage of DHT. However, the discrepency in the studies leads us to believe that perhaps, in a very small minority of users that do experience side effects, there might be another factor in the medicine itself and\or the mechanism by which each medicine works that will cause you not to have sides on the other.

I am going to order some dutasteride soon to test this on myself. I will say that I fully expect the side effects to be more or less the same as I experience on finasteride. However, I am doing this to test not only the conflict in the studies, but to see if I can be one of those people that anecdotally reported positive effects from dutasteride after negative finasteride sides.

We're being pretty scientific about this, not pulling bullshit out of our asses, and we aren't saying that if finasteride doesn't work for you then dutasteride will necessarily be better.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Don't bother trying to reason with him, it's obvious that he only wants to pick a fight. I calmly point out some stuff, and he comes back at me with anger and spite. Something's wrong with this dude.

Of course we reference online testimonials....what else do we have to go on? That's like saying "OMG! ROGAINE SAYS ON THE BOTTLE THAT IT DOESN'T WORK ON THE HAIRLINE! U R A DUMMY IF YOU TRY IT!" True, it does say that, but it's false to say that it doesn't work. And how do we know this? Because of online testimonials.

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
agent00 said:
Hey All,

Last year I took finasteride and I got sick of the side effects. I wanted to make the switch to Dutasteride because I heard that sometimes the sides aren't as bad.

I ordered Veltride by Intas from united pharmacy. I haven't had any sides but I have a strong suspicion that they are fakes. Plus, I haven't read a positive review for Veltride anywhere.

I am eager to switch to something else. Has anybody had success from any Dutasteride generic that they've ordered online? If so, which one is the best?

Thanks!

I've had good luck with Dr Reddys Dutas from inhouse.

beaner

Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
Don't bother trying to reason with him, it's obvious that he only wants to pick a fight. I calmly point out some stuff, and he comes back at me with anger and spite. Something's wrong with this dude.

Of course we reference online testimonials....what else do we have to go on? That's like saying "OMG! ROGAINE SAYS ON THE BOTTLE THAT IT DOESN'T WORK ON THE HAIRLINE! U R A DUMMY IF YOU TRY IT!" True, it does say that, but it's false to say that it doesn't work. And how do we know this? Because of online testimonials.

There was nothing angry or spiteful about my post. I'm just trying to display logic in a thread that doesn't seem to have any.

I simply cannot comprehend that if a drug that lowers dht by 70% gives you side effects, why you think that a very similar drug that lowers dht by 90% might not give you any. I would think that any sane person that got side effects from Propecia, would be wise enough to stay the hell away from an even stronger drug. I guess I was wrong in assuming that people would use simple logic before throwing drugs down their throat.

Good luck dude.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
beaner said:
There was nothing angry or spiteful about my post. I'm just trying to display logic in a thread that doesn't seem to have any.

I simply cannot comprehend that if a drug that lowers dht by 70% gives you side effects, why you think that a very similar drug that lowers dht by 90% might not give you any. I would think that any sane person that got side effects from Propecia, would be wise enough to stay the hell away from an even stronger drug. I guess I was wrong in assuming that people would use simple logic before throwing drugs down their throat.

Good luck dude.

If you had read my reply to you on the other page you would see why there is a scientific reason for exploring the possibility that it is not DHT lowering itself that affects the sex drive, but something else in the medication (in a small number of people who do experience side effects).

Your logic is sound, however, the studies have shown that there is a possibility that DHT is not necessarily the only culprit. It probably is, but there is enough anecdotal evidence to at least give weight to testing it out until we see another scientific study come along testing this very issue.

beaner

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
beaner said:

Good luck dude.

If you had read my reply to you on the other page you would see why there is a scientific reason for exploring the possibility that it is not DHT lowering itself that affects the sex drive, but something else in the medication (in a small number of people who do experience side effects).

Your logic is sound, however, the studies have shown that there is a possibility that DHT is not necessarily the only culprit. It probably is, but there is enough anecdotal evidence to at least give weight to testing it out until we see another scientific study come along testing this very issue.

Oh I read your post but you indicated that you fully expect to have the same side effects as finasteride which would indicate to me that this "theory" or whatever you want to call it holds no weight with you either so I saw no reason to even mention it.
Anyway, that's all I have to say.

Good luck to those who feel that they must try dutasteride even though they can't tolerate finasteride side effects.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
beaner said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:
beaner said:

Good luck dude.

Oh I read your post but you indicated that you fully expect to have the same side effects as finasteride which would indicate to me that this "theory" or whatever you want to call it holds no weight with you either so I saw no reason to even mention it.
Anyway, that's all I have to say.

Good luck to those who feel that they must try dutasteride even though they can't tolerate finasteride side effects.

Well I guess Rawtashk was right, you must not believe that minoxidil can work on the hairline either.

beaner

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
Well I guess Rawtashk was right, you must not believe that minoxidil can work on the hairline either.

Oh, it's working beautifully on my hairline thanks.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
This topic has gotten off topic considerably - all I was looking for were some good Dutasteride generics, not a flame war between finasteride vs. dutasteride sides.

Thanks.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With Dutas, your sides will most likely worsen. You're rolling the dice here. It doesn't make sense that if you are tried of the sides you would look in the direction of Dutas to escape from them.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
beaner said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

Oh, it's working beautifully on my hairline thanks.

That's strange. Must be all in your head. AFter all, it's only supposed to work on the crown. The studies said so. Why would you even expect it to work on the hairline? Read the directions!

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
agent00 said:
This topic has gotten off topic considerably - all I was looking for were some good Dutasteride generics, not a flame war between finasteride vs. dutasteride sides.

Thanks.

Sorry.

Most people seem to like Dr. Reddy's Dutas.

RoyD

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol I've been using Dutas for almost a year now but to no effect. It's probably my hair though and not the drug.