Success story turned into a failure

losingit42

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been balding since 2011, so it's been roughly three years now.
I apologize I don't have pictures to accompany my post, but please do bare with me and help me understand what exactly is going on.
Around June 2014, I went on a juicing cleanse in order to basically be healthier and lose weight. Along with juicing, I took 1200mg of fish oil, 320mg of saw palmetto, 10,000mcg of biotin and applied Nizoral three times a week. I also started to apply minoxidil twice a day and buzzed my hair down completely.
I had a bit of a decrease in libido with the saw palmetto initially. I used to masturabte like 3-4 times a day and after SP, it got shortened to 1-2 times a day. My erections were fine and nothing else was affected.This soon disappeared.
In the past, I used to shed moderately. I had mild vertex balding but my hairline did not get affected. Anyway, around 2 months into this regiment, shedding completely stopped AND I started growing new hair! I could literally tug on my hair and it wouldn't come out, that's how good it was!
Eventually college started and my regiment became harder to maintain. Firstly my diet became just a **** storm; I started to eat junk food constantly. I also started to skip a few Saw palmetto doses here and there, I forgot to apply minoxidil some days. and my hair started to shed like a mother****er again. :(. I realized how dumb of me it was to interrupt this regiment, because obviously it had such spectacular results so now I'm trying reintroduce it into my life.
I just had a few questions for you guys:
Do you think I'm one of those few people that has a good reaction to using saw palmetto to treat hairloss?
I'm almost 20 years old, if I've had such good results with SP, should I consider finasteride?
Any other questions/comments are welcome!

EricGerard

Reaction score
There are no clinical studies that show Saw Palmetto to be effective at all and it surely will not be enough to hold off hair loss in the long run even if it did kind of work. My advice would be to try finasteride out. Side effects are not nearly as disastrous nor nearly as common as you'll read on the internet!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Any "success story" without the use of finasteride will eventually turn into a sad story.