Success story: 6 Years + of battling

jeremy.staub

Reaction score
Success story: 10 Years + of battling (from age 19 to 29)

Hi guys,

I thought I would finally make one of my first posts on these forums as I am highly grateful for all the help I have gotten over the last years. I started loosing my hair very aggressively at the age of 19 already and this really hit my moral very hard (probably even somewhat of a depression). My dad was already a norwood 5 by the age of 23 so I knew that from a gene point of view I was ****ed.

I instantly started using minoxidil 5% two times a day. I was way too affraid of finasteride due to all the reported side effects. After 3 months, my aggressive hairloss had lead me to the point where one could see my whole scalp (picture 1 at still just 19..). Then by month 4-5, I noticed my hairloss finally started to stabilize which was without a doubt the minoxidil starting to work. I then eventually managed to refill my "recent losses" and reached at the 1 year mark almost what I had in the beginning before the loss started. I continued this regime for another 3.5 years (so 4.5 in total) while loosing very little hair. In addition, I had absolutely NO side effects. I should however specify that i use a minoxidil without any propylene glycol. I believe I am somewhat alergic to this substance so I have my pharmacist prepare me a version with glycerine instead.

At age 23.5, I felt my hair was possibly starting to weaken. It seems like my hair is a bit weaker in the fall but this time I started to worry about it. After a lot of hesitation, I bit the bullet and started finasteride at a dosage of 0.25mg. I continued this regimen for 4 months with absolutely no side effects. My hair possibly slightly improved but again not quite sure. At this point I increased my dosage to 0.5mg. I am now 25 and have been on finasteride for 1.5years with absolutely NO side effects at all. My hair is without a doubt better than what it was at 19. I feel I have managed to beat nature considering I probably would have been norwood 4 or 5 by now like my father. I am probably a norwood 1.5 instead!!! I think my excellent results are probably due to the fact that I am an excellent responder to minoxidil and above average responder to finasteride. I have seen so many friends with full heads of hair "catch up" with me, pass me and then go bald during my 6 year journey it is really mind blowing.

I attached a few photos below!

Best,
Jeremy

Edit: Also maybe worth mentionning that I have done extensive blood work analyses before starting finasteride, at the 0.25mg dosage and at the 0.5mg dosage. As it is often said in the theory, my DHT levels are more or less the same at the 0.25mg and 0.5mg dosages (and about down 70% from pre treatement).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 3,583
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 3,481
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 3,613
  • Photo 18.02.15 00 49 11.jpg
    Photo 18.02.15 00 49 11.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 3,490
Last edited:

dam

Reaction score
i am so happy for you, thanks for sharing your story. I know you have gave people hope.

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
This is just too good. Congratulations on your amazing results and for your contribution onto showing what a miracle drug finasteride is.

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this man. I am 19 and am abit worse then you at 19. My dad was nw6 at 23 as well. I have really begun to lose all hope. started finasteride 3 weeks ago... wish me luck

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for this man. I am 19 and am abit worse then you at 19. My dad was nw6 at 23 as well. I have really begun to lose all hope. started finasteride 3 weeks ago... wish me luck

i hope you have good results man. i was a nw5 at 22, probably not far from nw6 tbh so i know your dads pain and trust me it sucks.

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome mate! I'm a good responder as well. Now just don't forget to stick to the regimen.

As for your friends: I know this sounds a bit rude coming from me, but don't you think you should tell your friends about min/finasteride?
If they know and don't want to try it's their loss, but what if they don't know they could be taking steps to prevent/delay hairloss?

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
i hope you have good results man. i was a nw5 at 22, probably not far from nw6 tbh so i know your dads pain and trust me it sucks.
Thanks man. My dad moved from his country because he couldn't take the shame. My head is pretty bad and its killing me. Hopefully I respond well to finasteride. Hope you are good as well

Lucas92

Reaction score
I started on finasteride years ago but never got blood tests done. I plan to do this now but want to know what the purpose is, what I should be telling the doctor and what I should be looking for?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I thought I would finally make one of my first posts on these forums as I am highly grateful for all the help I have gotten over the last years. I started loosing my hair very aggressively at the age of 19 already and this really hit my moral very hard (probably even somewhat of a depression). My dad was already a norwood 5 by the age of 23 so I knew that from a gene point of view I was ****ed.

I instantly started using minoxidil 5% two times a day. I was way too affraid of finasteride due to all the reported side effects. After 3 months, my aggressive hairloss had lead me to the point where one could see my whole scalp (picture 1 at still just 19..). Then by month 4-5, I noticed my hairloss finally started to stabilize which was without a doubt the minoxidil starting to work. I then eventually managed to refill my "recent losses" and reached at the 1 year mark almost what I had in the beginning before the loss started. I continued this regime for another 3.5 years (so 4.5 in total) while loosing very little hair. In addition, I had absolutely NO side effects. I should however specify that i use a minoxidil without any propylene glycol. I believe I am somewhat alergic to this substance so I have my pharmacist prepare me a version with glycerine instead.

At age 23.5, I felt my hair was possibly starting to weaken. It seems like my hair is a bit weaker in the fall but this time I started to worry about it. After a lot of hesitation, I bit the bullet and started finasteride at a dosage of 0.25mg. I continued this regimen for 4 months with absolutely no side effects. My hair possibly slightly improved but again not quite sure. At this point I increased my dosage to 0.5mg. I am now 25 and have been on finasteride for 1.5years with absolutely NO side effects at all. My hair is without a doubt better than what it was at 19. I feel I have managed to beat nature considering I probably would have been norwood 4 or 5 by now like my father. I am probably a norwood 1.5 instead!!! I think my excellent results are probably due to the fact that I am an excellent responder to minoxidil and above average responder to finasteride. I have seen so many friends with full heads of hair "catch up" with me, pass me and then go bald during my 6 year journey it is really mind blowing.

I attached a few photos below!

Best,
Jeremy

Edit: Also maybe worth mentionning that I have done extensive blood work analyses before starting finasteride, at the 0.25mg dosage and at the 0.5mg dosage. As it is often said in the theory, my DHT levels are more or less the same at the 0.25mg and 0.5mg dosages (and about down 70% from pre treatement).

Hair looks dope as **** in 3rd pic. Glad **** worked out for you man, looks on point.

jeremy.staub

Reaction score
Hey guys, thought would post an update now that it has been slightly more than 10 years that I started aggresively losing my hair. I have now been on Minoxidil 5% for 10 years and Finasteride (dosage between 0.25mg and 0.50mg) for a bit over 5 years. Absolutely no side effects that I am aware of except of course that my hair is better today at age 29 than it was at age 19. The only issue is that I still have my frontal gulfs (which I am able to somwhat hide) but am incerasingly considering getting a hair transplant of approx 1'000 grafts to restore my hairline given that my hair seems very stable. Given my family hair genetics I was quite sure initially that I wasnt a good candidate for a transplant but would rather need to go for a hair system one day. Now though I am thinking I can probably get away for next 10-20 years with hair transplants (have good donor hair so could potentially harvest 10'000 grafts i believe). See pictures below:

Attachments

• Photo 17.08.19, 14 02 10.jpg
    Photo 17.08.19, 14 02 10.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing stuff, pal. Hair still looks great.

Freshie1997

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought would post an update now that it has been slightly more than 10 years that I started aggresively losing my hair. I have now been on Minoxidil 5% for 10 years and Finasteride (dosage between 0.25mg and 0.50mg) for a bit over 5 years. Absolutely no side effects that I am aware of except of course that my hair is better today at age 29 than it was at age 19. The only issue is that I still have my frontal gulfs (which I am able to somwhat hide) but am incerasingly considering getting a hair transplant of approx 1'000 grafts to restore my hairline given that my hair seems very stable. Given my family hair genetics I was quite sure initially that I wasnt a good candidate for a transplant but would rather need to go for a hair system one day. Now though I am thinking I can probably get away for next 10-20 years with hair transplants (have good donor hair so could potentially harvest 10'000 grafts i believe). See pictures below:
I’ve been on 0.5mg topical+Oral finasteride for nearly 2 months now with the addition of minoxidil once a day, do you think I should increase my finasteride dosage to 1mg or stick to my routine for at least 6 months and then re evaluate?

jeremy.staub

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't think you posted your question in the right section or thread. I am no doctor and am no longer involved in this topic nor reading up much so no point in asking me. In my opinion the upside between 0.5mg and 1mg of finasteride is very small but again I'm not the one you should be asking..

Freshie1997

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't think you posted your question in the right section or thread. I am no doctor and am no longer involved in this topic nor reading up much so no point in asking me. In my opinion the upside between 0.5mg and 1mg of finasteride is very small but again I'm not the one you should be asking..
But didn’t 0.5mg work well for you?