Success Story: 3 Years On Minoxidil Only

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

It has been a few years I have not posted. My diffuse thinning seems to have slowed down. I think I have gained some more hair actually. My regimen is Rogaine Foam once a day.

The first two pictures uploaded below + the two following imgur videos are from mid 2017. https://imgur.com/a/lRIHc

The remaining pictures were taken today. By the way my hairline has not receded one bit. Hope this gives some hope to diffuse thinners ..

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 991
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 962
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 963
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 987
  • 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 266

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

It has been a few years I have not posted. My diffuse thinning seems to have slowed down. I think I have gained some more hair actually. My regimen is Rogaine Foam once a day.

The first two pictures uploaded below + the two following imgur videos are from mid 2017. https://imgur.com/a/lRIHc

The remaining pictures were taken today. By the way my hairline has not receded one bit. Hope this gives some hope to diffuse thinners ..

Take the last one with flash just like the rest of them.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Stop taking pictures with flash, because when you look back at these photos it'll confuse you, if a non balding guys hair is messy and he takes a pic of it with flash it'll look like he's balding too. Start taking pics without flash from now on.

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop taking pictures with flash, because when you look back at these photos it'll confuse you, if a non balding guys hair is messy and he takes a pic of it with flash it'll look like he's balding too. Start taking pics without flash from now on.

There are pictures without flash from yesterday and from 2017 and there is a clear difference (I think)... minoxidil works well. I also use nizoral 2% weekly.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are pictures without flash from yesterday and from 2017 and there is a clear difference (I think)... minoxidil works well. I also use nizoral 2% weekly.
Awsome result

Did you have a shedding when starting minoxidil?

When did you see hair regrowth?

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is an update with some pictures. I think I have been losing ground for a few months; very hard to know for sure but I think my crown is thinning more.

Here is also a video
What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpeg
    IMG_0832.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0840.jpeg
    IMG_0840.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 281

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did want to try minoxidil first. It worked well I think or at least I hope. If I go on finasteride I would probably drop minoxidil to maintain what I have, but honestly scared of the sides and long term effects on health

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did want to try minoxidil first. It worked well I think or at least I hope. If I go on finasteride I would probably drop minoxidil to maintain what I have, but honestly scared of the sides and long term effects on health
There have been people who have taken finasteride for decades. I wouldn’t worry about long term effects unless you’re prone to side effects. Which you’d figure out fairly quickly into it and you can drop it. And I don’t recommend dropping minoxidil since you lose gains from it and who knows how much you’ve benefited using it

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There have been people who have taken finasteride for decades. I wouldn’t worry about long term effects unless you’re prone to side effects. Which you’d figure out fairly quickly into it and you can drop it. And I don’t recommend dropping minoxidil since you lose gains from it and who knows how much you’ve benefited using it
True but I’ve read long rare term effects too. Side effects are hard to detect too.. it seems I’m still maintaining on minoxidil for 5 years but it’s hard to know for sure

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since 1 year I’m also getting a lot of white hair ... especially on the sides? What can I do?

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does look like you lost ground but maybe it's just shedding. Us diffuse thinners may be good responders but our final patterns are always agressive.

Your hairline looks great btw. Sadly, mine diffuse pattern affect the hairline.

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It does look like you lost ground but maybe it's just shedding. Us diffuse thinners may be good responders but our final patterns are always agressive.

Your hairline looks great btw. Sadly, mine diffuse pattern affect the hairline.
What’s the difference with shedding? Also should we jump on finasteride?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless it is having a direct impact on density don't worry about shedding. Definitely start finasteride though.
How’s your diffuse thinning doing with your regimen? Have you noticed anything that really helps for you?

lonelypanda

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I would get on finasteride, man. You seem like a good responder who could keep their hair for years and years. It will fall out at some point sooner or later without it. So I would go get some unless of course, you are a teenager or currently have erectile dysfunction problems then I would not.