Success on minoxidil. now adding finasteride.

Aceofspades

Reaction score
I have taken the advice from everyone on here and decided to finally add finasteride. to my regimen. I been losing hair since 18 and now Iam 22. Here is my sucess just off minoxidil. and now 1 week on finasteride. which im sure the finasteride. has yet to kick in. One thing I did notice is the side effects Iam not being affected by libido or and problems related down stairs as of now. However one side effect Iam havng is these really wild vivid dreams which there not negative just strange I havent been able to dream in montjs now so this is actually not a bad thing (I.M.O) but here are my results. I will keep everyone posted as far as what the finasteride. does also I take 10,000mcg bition, 5,000IU vitamin D3, and 1200mg fishoil thay contains 720mg of it omega 3? Apparently but let me know what everyone thinks or any recommendations thanks.
Old:
http://postimg.org/image/9xu8rjh8z/
http://postimg.org/image/416xoxt7j/

New:
http://postimg.org/image/4alksf5wl/
http://postimg.org/image/qhpjk06qh/

Aceofspades

Reaction score
I've been on minoxidil. for 3 1/2 months now. Just decided to up my dose to 2ml as of yesterday(I only pay $18 for a 3 month supply so its affordable), I apply once in the morning and once at night. I work 3rd shift so the morning I apply it and then also somthing new I started, is scalp massaging with a little multi massager I bought at walmart. I also try to massage a little at night as well. I hope the finasteride kicks in soon and I can see some better results.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice results. Could you post a link of the thing you use to massage your scalp?

themiz1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice man, we have similar hair loss, except I have been using minoxidil for 2.5 years now, and I just started finasteride 3.5 months ago. Keep us posted, and follow my thread in my sig too!

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Yeah, I will keep you all posted here is the link to the Massager http://m.target.com/p/wahl-hot-cold-therapy-massager/-/A-14041863?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=14041863&CPNG=Health+Beauty&kpid=14041863&LID=17pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14041863&kpid=14041863&gclid=CNO4_KzAocQCFdgQgQodgkIAUQ I couldn't find the walmart link but the price is the same and the one I use is the tip that looks like 4 finger tips. I orginally bought this for sore muscles since I lift weights but its a great scalp massager too.

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Just an update been on finasteride. for about 2 weeks now. I am really curious if these side effects will subdue a little, not that there bad but here recently I been getting like basically what us guys know as morning wood and its like I took a v**** it last for 3 hours after I take the meds. I going to check and make sure my dermatologist didnt give me v**** (KIDDING) sperm is normal not watery and it seems like theres more. Just curious if anyone eles experienced this?

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Just an update roughly at the 4 month mark. I save and document all my pics and stumbled across these before and after I see progress and more fullness.
1426613744663.jpg after
1426613870427.jpg before

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great results your after picture did you take it at the doctors/derms office? I see those paper cover things haha.

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Yeah lol I was at a plastic surgeons office, I was getting an old battle scar looked at. Both pics are with my head shaved at #2 thanks for the support.

- - - Updated - - -

All small side effects I was having are gone everything is normal.

skip2mylou

Reaction score
Those are awesome results without finasteride to begin with. And wtf at v**** side effects from finasteride. If only that were the ONLY side effects from finasteride...

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Thanks!, yeah was a wierd side effect its gone now but In a way it still feels like it takes longer to finish intercourse which woman dont mind that longer in bed is better. But that could just be my mind playing tricks on me haha. Everything is normal as of now. I'll be updateing with new photos soon

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Yeah you sound like you have no sides. Just try to stop thinking about it. It really foks with the mind in the beginning.

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Wanted to post an update just shaved my head down to a #2 like always but noticed some massive flaking big ones too not sure if this is my recent change in minoxidil. But I always had some small flaking just not this bad you can see my scalp is a little red and I still need to work on the crown area. Temples are coming along it looks like anyways. Just if anyone can let me know something on the flaking It would be nice thanks.

1426947998299.jpg
1426948005481.jpg

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity where would I place on the norwood scale? Cant seem to find a happy medium when I look at it, any input would be appreciated thanks.

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been maintaining my gains pretty good but recently this scalp itch and flaking was becoming unbearable. I could literally rub my hand on my scalp and it was like flake
mountain there would be a pile of flakes on my shirt not only that but my scalp itched like crazy. So I decided to investigate come to find out it was the nizoral 2% causing all the issues I switched this for Palmers coconut oil shampoo and also got the conditioner too. I'll post pics soon it looks like my temples are starting to come back now and the hair looks so healthy comparrd to before and no more flakes or itch Thanks for following guys.

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Shaved my head down to a #1 havent done that in awhile. I figured the only way to show true results was to get down to the core of the scalp also since switching to the coconut shampoos no more flaking or itching. May be able to exprience better regrowth now that my scalp isn't irritated all the time or full of flakes
1430524319169.jpg
1430524377084.jpg
1430524518143.jpg
20150501_194836.jpg

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Hello friends, well I’m back life has been fun and busy and I’ll admit I got lazy really lazy.

I figured I would pick up on this same thread just to keep track of my loss and gains. Sadly I’ve lost a lot of hair as I just decided to really stop doing all treatments for a few years.

I sit here and look at where my hair was and it saddens me how much I lost.

I have recently been on finastride again for 2 months now and just re-added minoxidil 1 -2 times daily and I supplement 1 Viviscal for men daily. I’ve also recently purchased a derminator 2 and plan on keeping track of all my scalp needling progress and posting bi weekly updates religiously.

Well to break the ice here is my current status of hair loss let’s see what kind of gains I can get and hopefully I can achieve better hair then ever before and inspire a few along the way!

Attachments

• A654D284-F21D-4A1A-BC13-5CBDF589958E.jpeg
    A654D284-F21D-4A1A-BC13-5CBDF589958E.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 30FA04AB-3F59-4E27-963D-821F90946F5A.jpeg
    30FA04AB-3F59-4E27-963D-821F90946F5A.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 5FFC7D20-19B4-4AAD-B568-B5DF287960B4.jpeg
    5FFC7D20-19B4-4AAD-B568-B5DF287960B4.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 299
  • DED3CD08-C9DC-4F10-9C50-98DAD7F87788.jpeg
    DED3CD08-C9DC-4F10-9C50-98DAD7F87788.jpeg