Success...but is it realistic?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
two months into Propecia won't make any difference to your hair yet.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cant incredible responders respond after 2 and a lhf months or so? I thought assignmentxero responded after 3.

beaner

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
two months into Propecia won't make any difference to your hair yet.

It certainly can. I noticed a marked improvement in the quality and texture of my hair during the second month on finasteride.

inkt

Reaction score
LulzKiller said:
Summary:

When I hit puberty my straight, caucasian hair turned into kinky, nappy African-American looking hair. I wouldn't mind that hair if I was African-American, but I'm not, so it sucked ***. It changed my whole life and self-esteem. Let's just say they weren't very pleasant times.

Fast forward to today. I'm 18 and a half, I've been taking Propecia for two months, acquired through online prescriptions and online pharmacies. All my hair, which was previously kinky, has been turning straight. The recovery is pretty much miraculous. The kinking affected every single hair follicle on my head and has been pretty much reversed. I haven’t had normal hair in 5 years. This recovery has basically proved my theory that DHT induces hair kinking, and that every one of my hair follicles is sensitive to DHT.

But now, where do I go from here? Is it realistic to take this drug my entire life? Am I “cheatingâ€￾ the system by modifying a genetic defect to allow myself to have “normalâ€￾ hair again? I don’t want to go bald, so this is basically preventive medicine as well. I don’t know if this is the right choice. The advent of things such as hair multiplication won’t do anything for me because that suggests that HM will take DHT insensitive hair on my head and multiply it, yet all the hair on my head, including the back and sides, is sensitive to DHT.
i think have the same thing... was diagnosed by a derm as being 'acquired progressive kinking of the hair'. started when i was about 15 think... my very blonde kids hair at the front and to some extent the top turned darker and coarser + kinkier. wasn't until was 20ish (i'm 22 now) that i noticed the kinked hair start to thin out. the sides of my hair are really silky and blonder compared to the rest of it.

now remember, i had this problem at least 5 years before my hair started to thin. i can remember age 18 thinking "why is it just the front and top of my hair that's coarse - am i going bald?" but of course i disregarded it because i have a very good family history concerning baldness (nothing past a norwood 3 - and that's one person in their 70s - this is out like 50 males!).

i haven't started propecia yet (having trouble ordering it), but this gives me hope - if the affected hair (by the thinning and the kinkiness) even just returns somewhat to my normal hair type it will really solve a lot of my problems. the thinning is exacerbated by the fact that the quality of that hair is different to the rest of my hair. i have to have a pretty messy hairstyle just to disguise the fact that the front of my hair is different.

any chance of some before/after pics?