Success: Already! The Chronicles! (Now with Baseline PICS)

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha hey man yeah everything seems to be going fine. I got an appointment with doctor to get a blood test done.

I will ask for the following to be tested:

Estradiol, Estrone, Bioavailable Testosterone, DHT, prolactin and DHEA-S

and Mabye even a thyroid panel, TSH, Free T3, Free T4...

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
On the outside all fine but who knows what Kinda storm is raging under the bonnet coz of Aromasin and finasteride!

So should be good to know...

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My methods similar to yours Jake, I started on 0.25mg, this week I'm on 0.5mg...will eventually hit the 1mg.

What dose are you on now?

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
My methods similar to yours Jake, I started on 0.25mg, this week I'm on 0.5mg...will eventually hit the 1mg.

What dose are you on now?

Hey Fundi how is it going so far? ??

I am still on .5mg I think its more then adequate because it blocks pretty much the same % of DHT as 1mg.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pretty fine dude. I'm actually on around 0.4mg at the mo, not 0.5mg. Been doing it a week, no shedding or sides. :punk: So I'm hoping it works out ok.

I'm really glad I decided to get generic Proscar from a legit source (Doctor), than buy online. Because I've not felt anything right now I'd be worrying whether it's genuine or not.

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
fundi, how long you been on finasteride? and how long b4 you went from .25 up to .5 mg?

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
Pretty fine dude. I'm actually on around 0.4mg at the mo, not 0.5mg. Been doing it a week, no shedding or sides. :punk: So I'm hoping it works out ok.

I'm really glad I decided to get generic Proscar from a legit source (Doctor), than buy online. Because I've not felt anything right now I'd be worrying whether it's genuine or not.
Great to hear man, and I am also glad you went the Geniune Proscar route also, just not worth going Generic these days when Genuine Proscar is available and saves $$$

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BlindFan said:
fundi, how long you been on finasteride? and how long b4 you went from .25 up to .5 mg?

I've only been on it a week. After 2 days I felt nothing (I've heard some get sides after 1 day) so increased to around 0.3mg partly due to my impatience. Still felt nothing so yesturday bumped it to 0.4mg. Going to go for 0.5mg today. Probably didn't need to ease myself in like this, side affects are pretty rare regardless of what you read. In 2 weeks assuming I still don't have any sides I'm just gonna split the Proscar into 8 and use that as my regular dose from now on.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
goata007 said:
Jake89, are you seeing any regrowth on your temples?
YES!

Didn't want to post anything as it's still early but I am seeing new, black small hair in front of my existing hairline at the temples.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Think im going to quit Propecia or heavy reduce the dosing to like once a week...

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
take a break and then switch over to curcumin and give it a shot. You could also use lavender oil at night, both combined should have the same effect as finas, without the sides.

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
why?! what happened man, it seemed as if everything was smooth up until this point? Are you experiencing sides? Hope all is well

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
goata007 said:
take a break and then switch over to curcumin and give it a shot. You could also use lavender oil at night, both combined should have the same effect as finas, without the sides.

where do i get these from and are there any studies on these item?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that Jake :( Got simular problem month ago, i've quit it now i'm backing to normal.

Soon plan to put Fluridil and RU to block the DHT, hope they will keep my hair until something new comes on the market.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
Jake_89 said:
goata007 said:

There are several studies posted about curcumin in "New Treatments and Research" category. Curcumin degrades the androgen receptor and has supposedely NO effect on hormone levels. I also read that some prostate cancer patients on finasteride were taking curcumin or applying its paste to their chest to treat gyno. Other than that its a potent anti-oxident and could have offset the onset of alzheimer's disease - all in all a good all-rounder. I'm planning on getting it from Life Extension foundation (the one with bioperine in it).

As of lanveder oil, there are studies published on it as well (in the New Treatmetns and Research section). I'm also using it topically every night for several months now WITH OUT any side effects whatsoever. However, I'm a NW6 so I really can't report if it thickens up hairs or not. Btw, michael did post a study which compared lavender oil to fluridil and found lavender oil to be equally effective.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
goata007 said:
Jake_89 said:
goata007 said:

There are several studies posted about curcumin in "New Treatments and Research" category. Curcumin degrades the androgen receptor and has supposedely NO effect on hormone levels. I also read that some prostate cancer patients on finasteride were taking curcumin or applying its paste to their chest to treat gyno. Other than that its a potent anti-oxident and could have offset the onset of alzheimer's disease - all in all a good all-rounder. I'm planning on getting it from Life Extension foundation (the one with bioperine in it).

As of lanveder oil, there are studies published on it as well (in the New Treatmetns and Research section). I'm also using it topically every night for several months now WITH OUT any side effects whatsoever. However, I'm a NW6 so I really can't report if it thickens up hairs or not. Btw, michael did post a study which compared lavender oil to fluridil and found lavender oil to be equally effective.

Very interesting mate thanks for that I will fire up a PM to ya in the coming weeks regarding where to get this stuff when I do a big order.