Success 1 Year 2 months later

masontrc

Reaction score
I started losing my hair in high school but I did not notice until my junior year of college. By that time, I had already lost more than half of my hair. Since my family has a history of hair loss, I thought I would have to shave my head and submit to recession. I tried Rogaine liquid in late August of 2010 and I've been fortunate enough to experience regrowth ever since!

As of now-my regimen is Rogaine liquid 2x a day and Tea Tree Shampoo-Green Tea version.

This thread shows my previous progress: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65098

The pictures below show my hair at my most recent stage.

Attachments

• head 1 year.png
    head 1 year.png
    486.7 KB · Views: 1,220
  • 1 year.png
    1 year.png
    485.1 KB · Views: 1,227
  • before after.png
    before after.png
    442.8 KB · Views: 1,105
  • recession.jpg
    recession.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 960

bayerischer99

Reaction score
Good Job, keep it up. Stay positive.

However, aside from having a closely shaved head, i see no signs or difference in your before or after pictures.. was your hair loss in the crown ???

masontrc

Reaction score
This thread will help a little more

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65098

But look closely at the hairline closely in the #2 first pic and the second. You can see a clearly inverted recession. Whereas in the second pic, the hairline is straight and the recession is almost completely restored.

The other pic I provided is another view of the top of my head. Before, my hair was balding in a checkerboard pattern. If I had not used rogaine and grown my hair out at this length, the bald spots would still be visible.

Attachments

• before after.png
    before after.png
    510.4 KB · Views: 460
  • head 1 year.png
    head 1 year.png
    542.3 KB · Views: 481

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Put your hair up in the front ladies will be calling.
Any facial bloating at all? Notice if your lower cheeck area by your mouth seem to puff out at all or any wrinles on forehead?

T

TravisB

Hmm do you think it's all thanks to combover? I don't think that he would be able to do such a good combover with such a thinning.

masontrc

Reaction score
Jl8T said:
that is a beautiful combover, a masterpiece.

That is a beautiful accusation and masterpiece detective work! Too bad you're completely wrong. A combover is when you comb your hair over a bald spot. I comb my bangs to the side for sylistic purposes. Here is a picture of my bangs not combed to the side and my hair completely untampered with.

Attachments

• brush.jpg
    brush.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 490

masontrc

Reaction score
TravisB said:
Hmm do you think it's all thanks to combover? I don't think that he would be able to do such a good combover with such a thinning.

Nope. As I said to the previous poster, I merely brush my bangs to the side for stylistic purposes. Here's another photo of my bangs unbrushed and my hair not tampered with. I also posted a picture of me and my regimen (rogaine extra strength 5% and Tea Tree shampoo-Lemon sage thickening brand).

I tried an actual combover when I was still balding and the thinning was still visible. Rogaine was a more logical option!

Attachments

• brush 2.jpg
    brush 2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 399
  • Snapshot_20111023.JPG
    Snapshot_20111023.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 395
  • Snapshot_20111023_2.JPG
    Snapshot_20111023_2.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 392
T

TravisB

That's a quite interesting story. You got huge regrowth from Rogaine alone. I wonder for how long will you maintain what you've got. I'm thinking about starting minoxidil + Nizoral regimen. DO you have any sides from Rogaine?

It's hard to believe that you've got such a regrowth, it looks a bit like a wig.

masontrc

Reaction score
TravisB said:
That's a quite interesting story. You got huge regrowth from Rogaine alone. I wonder for how long will you maintain what you've got. I'm thinking about starting minoxidil + Nizoral regimen. DO you have any sides from Rogaine?

It's hard to believe that you've got such a regrowth, it looks a bit like a wig.

I can assure you it's not a wig otherwise I waste my time on here lol I probably should get haircut soon though. There is still a bit of work to be done. Yes, my regrowth is odd because my hair seems to grow in layers. Rogaine seems to restore my hair in different places at a time. I can wear my hair down but I can't spike it without there being some noticeable recession in the front.

I've maintained/regrown hair exponentially for 1 year and 2 months with some increased heart rate and minor face bloating. If I can no longer grow/maintain what I have, I'll consider other options like nizoral. What is your current regimen?

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111023_3.JPG
    Snapshot_20111023_3.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 386

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Results r undeniable. Ignore the haters

I actually bought some of that tea tree shampoo and woooo that stuff packs a punch of mint/menthol. How often do u use it?

masontrc

Reaction score
abovedagame said:
Results r undeniable. Ignore the haters

I actually bought some of that tea tree shampoo and woooo that stuff packs a punch of mint/menthol. How often do u use it?

I know! I also love how it tingles the scalp. I typically use it 3-4 week but that will vary. I just bought the conditioner too but I'm not sure what affect that will have on my hair. What brand do you use?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe it's Paul Mitchell. I have rly bad dandruff and the lady at the barbers said to get one of their shampoos with tea tree so I got this. I think it's the "tea tree special" one whereas yours is "lemon sage thickening." this is the only one they had though.

Where do u buy yours from? This bottle was pretty pricey at like 15 bucks

masontrc

Reaction score
abovedagame said:
I believe it's Paul Mitchell. I have rly bad dandruff and the lady at the barbers said to get one of their shampoos with tea tree so I got this. I think it's the "tea tree special" one whereas yours is "lemon sage thickening." this is the only one they had though.

Where do u buy yours from? This bottle was pretty pricey at like 15 bucks

I buy mine from Supercuts. I used to go there for haircuts too but their hairdressers aren't too impressive. Mine was $15 too.

Jl8T

Reaction score
I never said you didn't have results buddy, It did however look like a combover in the picture. Thats your style and you are right I should not have made a comment as you never asked for my opinion anyways. Congrats on the regrowth you did get a ton back

masontrc

Reaction score
Jl8T said:
I never said you didn't have results buddy, It did however look like a combover in the picture. Thats your style and you are right I should not have made a comment as you never asked for my opinion anyways. Congrats on the regrowth you did get a ton back

Thanks man! Sorry I misinterpreted your initial comment. And now looking back at the pic, I can see where you were coming from lol Congrats on your results too. You've had significant regrowth for such a short period of time.