Succes only after 6 months?

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Are there any people on Finasteride who've had succes only AFTER 6 months? With that I mean, a decrease in hairloss, no more hairloss or regrowth.

Thanks

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed significant slowing of hairlose after around 3months of use. Where I noticed it most was that my hat wasn't littered with nearly as much hair as before, and instead of combing 40-50 hairs in the shower, I now am only combing around a dozen (sometimes as little as 2-3 it may seem or sometimes 20).

I still have had a few sheds on and off, but over all it seems to have slowed/stopped my hairlose, at least compared to the rate it was going before. I have to say I caught it pretty early, and my only lose was a bit along the hairline, but it seems to be working.

Alas, no regrowth along my hairline yet (nearly 8 months in), only a bunch of nasty miniturised beasties taunting me at the moment (little fuckers, they can read this I'll bet). I don't hold out much hope in reversing what has already been done, but I'll give it a nother year or so and maybe just add rogaine foam to the little areas affected so far and see if I get improvement.

Peace...

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the exact same with me. It seems my hair loss dramatically slowed down 1-2 months into it. I had the exact shower situation as bababa.

Pondle

Reaction score
Again, the very same experience. Much less shedding less than 2 months after I started taking finasteride.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
3 month on finn and new dark hairs filling inn on my hairline and on topp...so yes.. it works well.
But im alsow on 2 other products... (the big 3)

:D

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
4 months in, hair loss has definitely slowed, no sides whatsoever.

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
People, I mean succes AFTER 6 months. So nothing happened in the first 6 months, but after they did.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh ok...I don't have any specific examples for you but many people don't notice anything for a year (sometimes longer) and end up with great results.

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:
Oh ok...I don't have any specific examples for you but many people don't notice anything for a year (sometimes longer) and end up with great results.

I need some proof of this :wink:

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
any sides jojje?

no sides yet, i was about a nw2-- maibe 2.5
now i look like a 1.5-2.0
but when i get the right length i can easely hide it... have had a lot of thickening on the crown and the top back.. not that much in front.. but i do see alot of new hairs there too but they are alot shorter so.. i gues if i give them time and i get a haircut in a month or 2 they will catsh up and it will look alot better.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to find motivation like me? I want to find as many people as possible who achieved finasteride regrowth without the aid of minoxidil. People who started with relatively thin hair.

It doesn't matter to me how long it takes for finasteride to kick in, as long as it kicks in eventually (not over 2 to 3 years of course) I'll be happy. I'm looking forward to significant regrowth every day.