Subtle Side Effects

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
On propecia, the 2 main side-effects i've noticed are:
-Weight Gain
-Brain Fog

I've switched to dutasteride. I was wondering if anyone has experienced these side-effects on dutasteride?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Brain fog/light-headedness in the early stages but it faded away during month 4, or thereabouts - I'd have to re-read my own story thread for an exact timeline, and I'm not nearly bored enough to do that!

No weight gain here, well, no unwanted weight gain anyway. This might just be my imagination, but I'm sure I've been able to accrue muscle at a marginally faster rate since taking dutasteride - result of the testosterone boost, I assume.

Slarti

Edit: Forgot to say that my light-headedness used to kick-in about 3 hours after dosing and persist for the next two or three, before then gradually fading away.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Sometimes I get a lightheadedness-- almost like a buzz-- after taking my dutasteride... It takes about 1+ hour to feel it. I always take my dutasteride on an empty stomache-- so maybe that's it.

It doesn't bother me.

After an hour, I eat, have a little caffeine, and I'm better for the rest of the day.

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
I see. So quite a few of the posts reports a short term side effect right after taking the pill. I am thinking of taking it at night instead of the morning.