Subsititue for Rogaine or am I Screwed?

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been on Propecia for 2 months now (no sides) and just recently tried Rogaine 5% foam (AM) and 5% Liquid (PM). In just one week I got facial swelling and dark circles under eyes. Are there any substitutes I could use as topical treatments? If not could I try lowering the amount I use/use it once a day instead of 2 to lessen sides. Is there a chance that sides would go away with time? Either way I am going to quit for at least a week or so to see if sides go away. How long do sides normally last for after getting off of the stuff.

Thanks guys, I know I asked a butt load questions

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been reading the blog, and i have a few questions. I know the current PGD2 blocker he is using is Septiprant, but what is the PGE2 powder he speaks of, and where does one purchase it? I know he talks about castor oil both topically, and ingested, but what is the PGE2 powder?

Are you trying to imply that pge2 increasers to the scalp wouldn't work? Do you think all of Cotsarelis' research is, in fact, bull****? And people are better off rubbing snake oil onto their head? This guy can't use minoxidil for whatever reason, so subsidising it with at least a few things which work by increasing hair growth cannot be a bad thing no? Or should he just wallow in his own self pity? FYI yes I am on the majority of the protocol and have been since the turn of the month. Obligatory forum answers: No my dick hasn't fallen off, yes my brain still functions and no I have not seen personal results in the space of 12 days... Good enough for you?

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been reading the blog, and i have a few questions. I know the current PGD2 blocker he is using is Septiprant, but what is the PGE2 powder he speaks of, and where does one purchase it? I know he talks about castor oil both topically, and ingested, but what is the PGE2 powder?

You have two options, PGE2 from group buys or buying dinoprostone (naturally occurring PGE2) gel from an online pharmacy. The latter is more expensive because it's a pharmaceutical preparation.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
hi hook, what is the actual name of the PGE2 though, it cant be just called PGE2 powder, and where do you buy it? which forum?

can you tell me a little more about dinoporstone? thanks.

You have two options, PGE2 from group buys or buying dinoprostone (naturally occurring PGE2) gel from an online pharmacy. The latter is more expensive because it's a pharmaceutical preparation.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
hi hook, what is the actual name of the PGE2 though, it cant be just called PGE2 powder, and where do you buy it? which forum?

can you tell me a little more about dinoporstone? thanks.

I literally just told you, pharmaceutical preparations of PGE2 use the naturally occurring form called dinoprostone which you should be able to find on online pharmacies. PGE2 powder can only be obtained from group buys on private forums, I'm not aware of any going on in this forum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin_E2

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
wait, I am little confused. So dinoprostone is the same chemical/compound in the pge2 powder that swiss temple mentions in his blog? basically is what swiss temples is referring to dinoprostone, yay or nay?

I literally just told you, pharmaceutical preparations of PGE2 use the naturally occurring form called dinoprostone which you should be able to find on online pharmacies. PGE2 powder can only be obtained from group buys on private forums, I'm not aware of any going on in this forum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin_E2

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stick with Minoxidil or apply only once a day. The sides will go away with time. Give it six months before switching over to the 2% version should the need arise.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil DOES NOT CAUSE WRINKLES or bags under eyes. You really think if this were the case, rogaine and other minoxidil brands wouldn't list it as a side effect? These companies would be getting sued left and right. I started using rogaine and believed I was getting wrinkles on my forehead. I looked at my other pictures and realized that I had JUST NEVER LOOKED AT THAT PART OF MY FACE. DO NOT STOP BECAUSE YOU THINK IT WRINKLES YOUR SKIN. IT DOES NOT.

jandrsn27

Reaction score
Minoxidil DOES NOT CAUSE WRINKLES or bags under eyes. You really think if this were the case, rogaine and other minoxidil brands wouldn't list it as a side effect? These companies would be getting sued left and right. I started using rogaine and believed I was getting wrinkles on my forehead. I looked at my other pictures and realized that I had JUST NEVER LOOKED AT THAT PART OF MY FACE. DO NOT STOP BECAUSE YOU THINK IT WRINKLES YOUR SKIN. IT DOES NOT.

It caused wrinkles and puffy/dark eyes for me. I was 27 at the time and very baby faced. I was good for the first 2-3 months, then my face started looking like crap! forehead wrinkles and dark bags under my eyes started developing, yet I stuck it out for nearly 4 months. It was NOT my imagination either everyone I knew was constantly asking me if I was doing ok, was I getting enough sleep, are you stressed out, etc. I kind of blew it off because I felt ok, then one day looking in the mirror it hit me, I looked like hell! My health going into minoxidil was perfect and I know my face, body, and my health. It was the minoxidil and I looked around at other forums and kept seeing the same type of symptoms, so I ditched it! What sucks is my hair responded AMAZINGLY to it.

Everyone responds differently to every drug and to say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it doesn't cause wrinkles or puffy eyes is just foolish. No lawyer is launching a class action law suit for forehead wrinkles! Also side effects CAN be added on later as is the case in MANY drugs.