styling hair after minoxidil

artvandaley

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started using generic 5% minoxidil this week, and next week I'm going to start working a job. I plan on going to the gym before work since I don't have to be in until the early afternoon. So I plan on applying minoxidil after showering after the gym. My question is how long should i wait before blow drying my hair and using gel? And is better to rub in the minoxidil with your fingertips or just drop in on and let it sit there?

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
I usually use my fingertips to massage my scalp after spraying the minoxidil.

I'm not sure, but using youre fingertips to spread the minoxidil spreads it and thats better than just dropping it and leaving it.

Guys if Im wrong please correct me with this.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
It takes 45 min to an hour for my generic minoxidil to dry, then I may style as usual. Not that big a deal once you get adjusted to it. I didn't want to use minoxidil before I started but its not a big deal now..

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
but what if u want to style on wet hair? Can u actually rewet the full head after applying minoxidil by 45 min to an hour without ruining the effect?

zroca

Reaction score
guy83 said:
but what if u want to style on wet hair? Can u actually rewet the full head after applying minoxidil by 45 min to an hour without ruining the effect?
You would have let the minoxidil sit for 45 min to an hour so it should have some what of an effect, if you absolutley have to style your hair when wet go for it, atleast you gave the minoxidil an hour to absorb before you did it which should help you to an extent.
Zroca

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can only afford about 10 minutes drying time, then its Couvre on entire scalp, then blowdry. Hopefully I am getting absorption. I think the scalp immediately sucks in anything applied to it rather quickly.

artvandaley

Established Member
Reaction score
And about my second question, do people think it's better to drop the minoxidil on and let it sit there or to spread it around with your fingertips?

Karch

Reaction score
guy83 said:

It really matters how much you rewet it. If your totally going to soak it with water, you gotta wait at least 2-4 hours. If your just making it a little damp and being careful not to get a lot of water on your scalp, then it would be ok.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for youre answers. I usually apply the minoxidil let it for like 5 minutes, brush my hair forward, add a serum but usually focus on the top of my hair. I dont rub it with the minoxidil.. wear my cap for a while. Without that If i let my hair dry after the minoxidil my hair would be frizzy, i hate that!