Styles, Styles, Styles, How Do You Choose?

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did any of you suddenly decide like myself after 15 plus years of being bald and wearing fades decide to get your first system? How on Earth, did you all pick your first hairstyle? I mean I know I don't want to suddenly start wearing a longer or even medium length style from day 1 but even with all the options of short hair styles how do you choose? Did you guys stick to something close to your styles from before losing your hair or did you try something new? I mean 15 years is a long time to go back to my last style I don't want to look dated.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did any of you suddenly decide like myself after 15 plus years of being bald and wearing fades decide to get your first system? How on Earth, did you all pick your first hairstyle? I mean I know I don't want to suddenly start wearing a longer or even medium length style from day 1 but even with all the options of short hair styles how do you choose? Did you guys stick to something close to your styles from before losing your hair or did you try something new? I mean 15 years is a long time to go back to my last style I don't want to look dated.

I haven't been to salons for decade but I think they should have a computer program that you can see what hairstyles could work best for you. I heard some program provided a 3D image that you could see from different angles of the hairstyles you pick before they cut your hair. Hope it all works out well for you.

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been to salons for decade but I think they should have a computer program that you can see what hairstyles could work best for you. I heard some program provided a 3D image that you could see from different angles of the hairstyles you pick before they cut your hair. Hope it all works out well for you.
That would be great! Not sure if this salon has one or not. I don't remember seeing one.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Youre definitely going to want a hair down hairstyle for the first few months to get used it the system and maintenance. This way u won't have to worry about hairline just yet.

You can do a really nice French crop I think it's called? With fade on sides and back. Leaving a little bit of length onto usually helps with styling :)

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Salons don't usually invest in this technology... especially when you can download an app.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Youre definitely going to want a hair down hairstyle for the first few months to get used it the system and maintenance. This way u won't have to worry about hairline just yet.

You can do a really nice French crop I think it's called? With fade on sides and back. Leaving a little bit of length onto usually helps with styling :)

A Frech crop is an EXCELLENT choice for someone with thin sides, and who wants to hide the hairline.

I will say that you are somewhat limited by your remaining hair, but since you are not trying to cover a BIT of thinning, it's going to be obvious, no matter what.

You could just have fun with it. Look on TV, open a magazine... is there someone with a style that you really like or admire?

I went crazy and went from a shaved head to a 14" Viking style with shaved back and sides.

Right now I am doing a sort of a wavy bowl-cut, and next month a new system comes... and it's going to be pretty cool... I won't give hints, but I will post when I get it done.

Enjoy this!

S.

Last edited:

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinking something like this

Attachments

• F874BC2A-CF32-4D9F-A90A-2379BB8DD3AE.png
    F874BC2A-CF32-4D9F-A90A-2379BB8DD3AE.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 311

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a great, youthful cut. I question if you have both the side hair and temple points to pull it off. An excellent question for the salon!