stuwesty7's story - (Age 25, pics)

stuwesty7

Reaction score
I am three years into my hair loss story which has been a real struggle. I notice a receeding hair line back in 2004. I started on propecia and minoxidal from the belgravia centre (did not know any better) I did notice better density of hair but no temple regrowth. After another year on propecia. I went to Proscar 1/4 a day. I have been on rogaine foam for the last 6 months. I am at a point now where I dont know where to go next. I feel i am still receeding and noticed a few hairs on my hand after putting my wax (american crew fibre) on in the morning.

I am 25 now and my hair gives me confidence, I dont want to lose it any more than I have now. Should I just go for the shaved on a number 4 or what other options do i have?

I also use revita shampoo for the last 6 months and lasercomb 3 times a week.

I have included photos, I would appreciate anyone's comments.

Attachments

• DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 4,354
  • DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 4,374
  • DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 4,373

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: my story - three years in, with pictures. Where to go next?

Whats up?
I think your hair looks good. Some people swear that spironolactone cream works on the hairline.
Where do you apply the foam? Do you apply it all over your head, your temples?? Has it thickened anything up? Did you shed? Your actually lucky all you have to worry about is your hairline. -Tim

RaginDemon

Reaction score

:agree:

stuwesty7

Reaction score

I have not heard of spironolactone cream, would people recommend this? Would you take it in conjunction with foam?
Thinking about maybe buying some vitamins, any one could recommend the bets product?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

your hair doesnt look bad at all man. It looks more like a mature hairline. Are you sure you want to add foam? I will just stick to finasteride if I were you. Just my .02

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

Can you get spironolactone from anywhere else other than minoxidal.com?

Z4EC

Reaction score

Sh!t. You're only 25?

Your hair looks fine. But by looking at the wrinkles on your fore-head I would've though you're 45. :woot:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Z4EC said:
Sh!t. You're only 25?

Your hair looks fine. But by looking at the wrinkles on your fore-head I would've though you're 45. :woot:

thats not a necessary comment dude.

stuwesty7

Reaction score
I am still struggling with my frontal receeding hair line. Below I will put my current regime any advice would be appreciated at 25 what is the best i can hope for now?
It seems the rest of my hair is very good quality.

Further picture update included

Regime:
1/4 proscar - since May 2005
Rogaine foam - for 6 months, twice a day
Dr Lee 5% spironolactone cream - 1 month, once a night
Revita shampoo - 6 months
nizoral twice a week

Attachments

• DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 3,124
  • DSC00066.JPG
    DSC00066.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 3,131
  • DSC00067.JPG
    DSC00067.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 3,161

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your exisiting hair is thick and strong, but you have receeded temples, have you ever considered a hair transplant to fill them in? if you take the hair transplant route, you might not need to take finasteride or minoxidil no more.

stuwesty7

Reaction score
Is hair transplant my only option? Surely it would not fill in with the density of the rest of my hair

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair looks really good to me. I need to take some of those wet hair pics.... very abercrombie

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
your hair looks really good to me. I need to take some of those wet hair pics.... very abercrombie

you love your hair more than your gf, don't you? :woot:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm... no I thought about it before and if one of us had to be a norwood 7 I would choose me to be the victim.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Hmmmm... no I thought about it before and if one of us had to be a norwood 7 I would choose me to be the victim.

very sweet of you indeed!

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
stuwesty7 said:
Is hair transplant my only option? Surely it would not fill in with the density of the rest of my hair

if you are only going to fill in the temples then yes a hair transplant will fill in your temples as thick as your existing hair

however you need to be aware that you have limited donor hair and need to think about this when going this route,but yes you could restore them to how they were before

im 27 and you have the same hairline as me and im going to go for something like 3000 grafts in the frontal 1/3 of my scalp,my crown is responding to finasteride and foam and so whilst i wont attempt to replicate my original hairline itll be nicely evened out and somewhere close to 'looking' like it once did :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
libertine said:
stuwesty7 said:

if you are only going to fill in the temples then yes a hair transplant will fill in your temples as thick as your existing hair

however you need to be aware that you have limited donor hair and need to think about this when going this route,but yes you could restore them to how they were before

im 27 and you have the same hairline as me and im going to go for something like 3000 grafts in the frontal 1/3 of my scalp,my crown is responding to finasteride and foam and so whilst i wont attempt to replicate my original hairline itll be nicely evened out and somewhere close to 'looking' like it once did :)

you sure you want to put that much in the front?

CCS

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
libertine said:
stuwesty7 said:

you sure you want to put that much in the front?

I got a lot of grafts in front. I also have recession behind them. The recession is a good hair free zone to attach my piece. I'm shaving the grafts. Hopefully the stubble does not give my piece away.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
CCS show some pics when you get the piece.