Stupid question alert. Can you make your own propecia?

H

HLTguest

I am half serious here. Its a long shot.Why not just make a mini-lab, get all the right materials and instructions, and make some big batches?
This way, you never have to go to the doctor or pharmacy.
Will it be more cost effective this way or will you just waste more money on all the chemicals and supplies in your lab? (This sort of reminds me of the recycling episode of Seinfeld with Kramer and Newman.)
But I am curious still. What do you guys think?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HLTguest said:
I am half serious here. Its a long shot.Why not just make a mini-lab, get all the right materials and instructions, and make some big batches?
This way, you never have to go to the doctor or pharmacy.
Will it be more cost effective this way or will you just waste more money on all the chemicals and supplies in your lab? (This sort of reminds me of the recycling episode of Seinfeld with Kramer and Newman.)
But I am curious still. What do you guys think?

LOL! I dunno, your risking becoming a mad scientist!

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You probably can't make your own finasteride. But you can make your own DHT. I make tons of it every day. :)

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah and if that doesn't work then why don't you do your own hair transplant?

You're right...it was a stupid question.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:
Yeah and if that doesn't work then why don't you do your own hair transplant?

You're right...it was a stupid question.

as mr garrison said to cartmen
"there are no stupid questions only stupid people"
but i dont know anyway maybe its not so complicated i think it would proboably be cheaper and easier to buy a big amount of fincar(you could get a special price online)and do some process to devide it to 1mg pills

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The laboratory synthesis of finastreride has been well-described in the medical/scientific literature, so in principle you could do it yourself, if you had all the materials, equipment, and know-how.

Bryan

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
If you don't have some serious experience in lab settings, the prospects of you producing your own finasteride are fairly negligible.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how much it will cost (way more than a chemistry home kit).

But I’m sure that with the time and money you’ll spend on putting together a mini-lab to make Finasteride for your own consumption (you won’t be able to sell it) you could buy many years worth of brand name Propecia and doctor’s prescriptions.

So why bother?

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
u'd rather go through the trouble of making finasteride yourself than just paying $10 a month for Fincar.

H

HLTguest

MPBWarrior said:
u'd rather go through the trouble of making finasteride yourself than just paying $10 a month for Fincar.

I don't trust Fincar, Finpecia, or any other generic prescribed or distributed in any form online. I am not saying that these pills are necessarily fake, but I am skeptical.

Of course you would have to be awfully confident in yourself as a chemist to know for sure that your own processed finasteride was the real deal. But I am talking theoreticaly, that is, as a chemist, you must really know what you are doing.

Generally though the best option IMHO is to get the real propecia from a real doctor even if its more expensive. Its just my personal belief. Why take chances with your hair? Wouldn't a person like to have certainty that they are getting the real thing?

On this board, there are many people taking generics sold online or imported from other countries. Again, nobody take this the wrong way, but with all the negative reports and failures, sometimes I wonder if what they are getting isn't propecia at all, but is simply just crap in a pill. I am not saying that even the real propecia works for everybody. Even the company admits this. But they have a high sucess rate. There are very few success stories on this board in comparison to the reports of failure. So I am skeptical and I would like to know if most of these people or at least a good portion are taking finpecia or fincar.

Actually it would be nice if they did a legit. scientific study about brand name propecia vs. generics sold online. That would put the matter to rest.

Again, I could be totally wrong about this, I will admit, I am ignorant about these things and I would be very happy for somebody to correct me and put me in my place if I am wrong about the validity of generic propecia made in India. Are there good success stories of people using these generics alone? Or can their success be due to the rogaine they used in their regimen?

sunray73

Reaction score
oh man... read threw some of these discussion groups about generics. It's the same ingredients found in the brand names for less. think of it like the costco of hair products... why pay more to Merck??? they did the leg work and need to recoup their losses for years of testing, FDA regulations, study groups, advertisement, Lawsuits, researchers etc... that's why you wait a few years for another company to mimic the final results of the drug. They virtually have no where near the overhead costs of a Merck type of company. Kinda like Apple to Microsoft :)

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HLTguest said:
sometimes I wonder if what they are getting isn't propecia at all, but is simply just crap in a pill.
hahahahahahahahaha

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
How can you be so sure the ingredients you're buying to manufacture your own pill aren't crap?

Also, it would cost more than buying Propecia to make your own drugs. You'd have to rollout a few hundred pills a day otherwise you wouldn't be operating at an efficient level.

Where would you store all your finasteride before it deteriorates? It doesn't last that long, and you'd have to buy it in bulk. You'd have to have it in a clean, air-tight area to contain it.

There are so many things wrong with making your own finasteride. It's like saying "Wouldn't it be cheaper to bake your own bread?", go buy an oven, harvest your own grain, and then getting up early every day to bake one loaf...