stupid proscar shape

billybob

Reaction score
quick question. anyone know if its a big deal if the pieces i quarter my proscar into arent completely equal. i never realized the damn pill was so small and stupidly shaped. Also, how do u guys cut the stuff? i tried using a sharp knice and i like majorly screwed it up, im thinking of buying a pill cutter. oh and lastly, are u supposed to wear gloves or something when you are cutting the pill. Because i heard it absorbes through the skin and when i'm touching the pill alot etc and i dont wanna end up having too much in my system per day. thanx

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Billybob -

Best thing to do is get a pill cutter down at your local pharmacy.

Don't worry about absorption. The absorption issue is a warning for pregnant women and its not going to add to the overall dose in your system.

Quartering proscar tabs is giving you 1.25mg daily as it is, so you're already taking more than you need to, and side effx may be an issue. 1mg was the optimum dose, but ... you can also do what some guys do and dissolve the pill in alcohol and split that liquid into 5 equal parts, giving yourself 1mg daily. It can store in the fridge for the 5 days. That would probably be the most effective way to get an exact 1mg dose - optimizing your hair chances and minimizing your chances for side FX.

Email bryan shelton for how he does it at bryan@airmail.net

HairLossTalk.com

hopewas

Reaction score
cutting it in 5ths like that is the exact amount needed right? does does cutting it in 1/4 and taking 1/4 a day of each pill have better results?i'm actually looking forward to getting my order.. just scared it'll get lost in the mail.. it cost me almost 300 dollars. mike..i ordered it the same place you did.. do they need a return signature? i hope so for something that expensive

artvandaley

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm also going to order some proscar this week for the first time. Have been on Propecia for about 8 months and a couple days, and I only have enough for the nine month mark. I'm going to order from http://www.propecia-proscar.com, and you can also buy a pill cutter with your order, so I'm gonna do that too. I also have worries about it getting lost in the mail seeing as I'm going to spend about 100 dollars, but the website looks pretty legitimate.

Redbone

Reaction score
My derm told me that Merck is on to the splitting of Proscar to cut the costs of Propecia and that is why they made it in such a jagged cut proof shape.

HairLossTalk.com didn't you mention a pharmacy that will custom compound finasteride into any dose you want or was that something else? I know I have seen European 1mg Fina on the net for cheap and it was not Cipla.