Studying Physics Is A Nightmare (7 Wordss)

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This comes from a guy who has always been extremely interested in physics. If your IQ is not 140 minimum, are not blessed with top tier mathematical talent/intuition and you didn't partake in math olympiads from the age of 12 just stay away from physics. I mean if you are passionate about it, by all means, go ahead and give it a try but I warn you, it will be hell. It's an extremely humbling experience. Everyone thinks he's a Feynman until you do actual physics. Just wanted to vent because I can't do it nowhere other than here, my parents get furious if I mention any sign of discomfort lol.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, no sh*t. People think they are 'good in phyiscs' or mathematics because they had good grades in highschool when that's just a totally different beast. Higher mathematics basically has zero to do with solving algebra equations.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, no sh*t. People think they are 'good in phyiscs' or mathematics because they had good grades in highschool when that's just a totally different beast. Higher mathematics basically has zero to do with solving algebra equations.
Yeah, those are the same people whose egos get hurt the most. If in high school you were used to getting good grades in math without working too much that will definitely change once you go to university. Lazy people don't last long.

ashleysummer

Reaction score
I want to encourage you to hold on and soon it will be over. You would regret giving up after all you have gone through until now. Some day that degree may be useful to you. You never know. There is always a possibility to do something else after you finish school. Anyway, I understand that you may hate physics at this point, but at least you have a chance of getting a proper well paid job. I studied social anthropology and environmental science from sociological point of view. I hated writing asignments and often used some help of https://writinguniverse.com/essay-structure/. I was so stupid when I chose that! I really regret that decision and I wish I had studied something normal, like your major. It may be hard, I believe, but it in real life, it is far better than my choice. You have a high chance of getting a proper job and you can than earn some money to get another degree in area of your interest. You are still young and nothing is lost yet. Just study hard and finish what you have begun. You are almost there! You can do it!

Last edited: