Study: Ejaculation and hair loss link.

youngbaldie

Established Member
Reaction score
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 513t2.html

Excessive ejaculation (whether through intercourse or masturbation) can lead to hair loss in some individuals who are already genetically susceptible to androgenic alopecia.

It is entirely possible that this excessive ejaculation (more than once a week) can excasperate male pattern baldness and the scalp inflammation (itching, bleeding, stinging, tingling, etc) that is associated with it.

In the past, the focus has been on mastubation only. This was the mistake. Its not the masturbation itself thats the problem, but rather excessive ejaculation, including intercourse.

Abstaining from masturbation or sex will not stop male pattern baldness. But excessive ejaculation could very well inflame the scalp even more. This could be counter productive if one is on treatments. The effect might possibly be diminished to an extent.

Over ejaculation leads to increased prolactin over time, so the result really shouldn't be surprising. This is not a thread about abstaining from masturbation. But rather a warning that over indulgence could make things a lot worse than they already are.

If you have hair loss and tingling, itchy scalp, its probably a good idea not to jerk off to p**rn every single day.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Rather be bald than live like a monk. The article has no credible research backing it up either and is of extremely dubious validity.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
I read it earlier this monring and It didn't seem very fullproof to me. I want to see a bunch of bald guys who have jacked off all the time every day who started with a full head of hair.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the japanese got baldness confused with blindness.

Just to be sure though, I suggest rubbing the ejaculate into your hair to keep from depleting the hair of the protein.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this is pretty funny considering the ones who get fcked the most are the ones with the best looks and best hair. I doubt every bald guy is also a hornball who jerks off every day.

youngbaldie

Established Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
this is pretty funny considering the ones who get fcked the most are the ones with the best looks and best hair. I doubt every bald guy is also a hornball who jerks off every day.

Thats because they are not genetically susceptible to male pattern baldness or scalp inflammation associated with it. Those guys could wack off to p**rn 10 times every day for 10 years and their scalp would never itch and would still retain a NW1.

abcdefg

Reaction score
So these guys are saying that men that go bald have the itchy head and based on a survey to there magazine reader audience they conclude that scientifically this is true? thats one of the dumbest things ive read. It fits in though with most of the BS that floats around but male pattern baldness. I have heard lots of people in real life say wearing hats causes hairloss the bottom line is people are just excessively ignorant on cosmetic issues like that.

almo181

Reaction score
k i never touched er, im 17 im balder than half of you's and i got friends that go 2 or 3 times a day on some occasions and there still good so all and all not true

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah its pretty obvious these guys are bored and desperate to get some media attention. Grasping at straws definitely applies here. The thing is lots of gullible or just plain stupid people will believe this crap and then start spouting it off as fact to other people. When i hear someone tell me this crap im gonna punch them.

buzzmenot

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg,

on the contrary, from the links, there is some argument to suggest that over masturbation makes things worse. take it with a grain of salt? yes. but to totally deny it based on nothing but a wish that it didn't just puts you as one who wants to live in denial to continue an addiction.

you must be one of those who zealously deny finasteride has other side effects besides hair, accept it does. realise nothing comes without a price, its called growing up.

eddy_simpson

Established Member
Reaction score
fools. why is it so hard to believe that prolactin elevation can aggravate androgenic alopecia. it is neither saying that ejaculation can cause male pattern baldness or refraining from ejaculating can prevent male pattern baldness, but that ejaculation elevates prolactin, and excessive prolactin can speed up the Androgenetic Alopecia process.

docj077

Reaction score
eddy_simpson said:
fools. why is it so hard to believe that prolactin elevation can aggravate androgenic alopecia. it is neither saying that ejaculation can cause male pattern baldness or refraining from ejaculating can prevent male pattern baldness, but that ejaculation elevates prolactin, and excessive prolactin can speed up the Androgenetic Alopecia process.

Elevated prolactin inhibits GnRH release. That will result in a lowering of sex hormone levels as LH and FSH levels will be decreased.

There is a reason that people with prolactinomas have problems with hormone levels and sexual dysfunction.

So, I'd like to know how you think elevated prolactin affects hair.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I just want these scientists to be scientists instead of morons. Why dont they walk us through with some research or science how this chain of events leads us to the hairloss exactly. Its not enough to just stop at prolactin goes up so what. Why cant they lead us all the way through what it does.

docj077

Reaction score
There appears to be multiple pathways, signaling molecules, and even hormones involved. I don't know if I'd expect a reasonable answer anytime soon.

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol. its pretty funny listening to everyone's wishful thinking. It seems like the article is simply pointing out a correlation, but everyone's jumping off the rocker thinking "Holy sh*t I cant give that up!!!"

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah well the link does not even work anymore maybe those quack scientists if you can even call them that decided to take it down. I do not remember why I was so mad I think I just get mad when pseudo science tries to spin itself as actual science about silly things like this instead of actual real scientific research it could have been instead. I mean why not spend the money/time studying why body hair and head hair react oppositely to androgens? I mean there are hundreds of good valid questions about male pattern baldness and we have scientists doing this?