Study claims success with 1mg finasteride every other month

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
how do you measure the force? Do you use a speed camera or something to measure the acceleration as it leaves your body?
He has a giant, laminated ruler on the floor of his bedroom. When he's about to ejaculate, he runs over to the start position and measures how far he shoots his gob. Then he notes the result in the log and publishes on TikTok.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not debating the validity of any of this as by choosing to take oral finasteride on a daily basis for decades, its not something i'm subscribing to.

But for completeness to the topic in the OP, i'll add this.

I mean, lets be real, there is actually no evidence of this "finasteride sticks around much longer in tissue up to 30 days". where do you think finasteride resides normally? its not like its swimming around in serum
I take it the Dr.s claiming finasteride has a 30 day half life in the follicle, are just referencing something like the following and putting it into layman's terms.

''The mean plasma elimination half-life of finasteride is 6 hours (range, 3 to 16 hours); however, the turnover rate for the type II 5-alpha-reductase enzyme complex is slow, with a turnover half-life of approximately 30 days''

I'm also guessing this would tally in with the reasoning to choose a 60 day interval in the OP study, if indeed that is the interval they used.

when you stop taking finasteride after 5-6 days DHT is normal levels again
Again if you read a bunch of the studies over the last 25 years, they often quote varying figures from one another.

''A single dose of finasteride suppresses serum DHT levels for up to 4 days''

''Upon discontinuation of finasteride, DHT levels return to normal within 14 days.''

''After 24 weeks of treatment Mean percent DHT levels returned to within 20% of baseline with finasteride at week 4''

Most long term users have got to the point where they take alot of these studies with a pinch of salt.

The interest lies in actual real world results like @md2002, which I have already mentioned and whether there are other long term users on here who have been able to maintain on an even less frequent dose than his 1mg a week.

( @badnewsbearer for clarity this is an oral 5-ari thread discussing its use with extended periods between doses, unless you are experimenting with applying topical finasteride once weekly, bi-monthly or at even longer frequency's you are probably discussing its use in the wrong thread)

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
is there any chance to take dutasteride without any side effect if you got pretty bad sides from finasteride (1mg daily, 1mg eod, 0.5 eod nothing worked)
That is what we’re trying to figure out by READING ;-)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are anecdotal examples over the past 20 years of people who didn’t tolerate Finasteride well but were able to tolerate dutasteride. It’s not fully understood why though. Whether these guys experienced absolutely zero side effects on dutasteride is another story.
Watch the video. They explain the why to some of your questions.