Strongest Antiandrogen On The Planet: Enzalutamide

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you read my earlier posts you would see how I outlined that in terms of effectiveness

(castration = 150mg bicalutamide = gnrh analogues)>low dose bicalutamide=flutamide>>>cyproterone acetate>spironolactone>>>>>dutasteride>>finasteride

I outlined this in terms of clinical drops in PSA which is a biological marker of androgenic activity In androgenic tissues (i.e. hair follicles)
bicalutamide and castration and gnrh analogs all inhibit PSA from 93% to 97% due to 1)castration ridding the source of androgens in the body 2)gnrh analogues disinhibit the HPG-axis and prevent the creation of LH > Testosterone by 95% and 3)Bicalutamide at 1mg can block from 10ng/dl or more of androgens from effecting the Androgen Response Element from interacting with the KLK3 proteins that signal PSA, aka androgenic activity

I added Bicalutamide to my regimen because it doesn't lower androgen levels (it actually increases them peripheral to AR signaling blockage) and therefore doesn't have anti-anabolic effects or sexual side effects which would both be side effects of castration / gnrh analogues. Its also tons more effective than Estrogen or common MtF medications like spironolactone/cpa because it lacks the partial agonist activity of progesterone derivatives.
==================================================================
Anyways I continued my research on Antiandrogens and came a cross a new medication that is more effective than Bicalutamide (the previously thought to be strongest Antiandrogen)

Enzalutamide (WARNING INSANELY DANGEROUS AND POWERFUL DRUG)

Enzalutamide, sold under the brand name Xtandi, is a nonsteroidal antiandrogen (NSAA) medication which is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.[2][6] It is indicated for use in conjunction with castration in the treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) and nonmetastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.

The drug is often given after patients develop a resistance to Bicalutamide in Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer, hence why it is considered a Second Generation NSAA

How strong is Enzalutamide?
"An up to 89% decrease in serum prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels have been reported after a month of taking the drug. PSA level decreased more than 50% in 40 of 65 chemo-naive patients and 38 of 75 chemotherapy-treated patients. Median time to radiographic progression was 56 weeks for chemo-naive patients and 25 weeks for the post-chemotherapy population."

As a reference, Bicalutamide takes 3 months to reduce PSA to the same extent and in less patients who take the drug (due to mutant AR).

Side Effects
Notable side effects of enzalutamide seen in clinical trials have included gynecomastia, breast pain/tenderness, fatigue, diarrhea, hot flashes, headache, sexual dysfunction, and, less commonly, seizures. Other "common" side effects reported in clinical trials have included neutropenia, visual hallucinations, anxiety, cognitive disorder, memory impairment, hypertension, dry skin, and pruritus (itching). Enzalutamide monotherapy is regarded as having a moderate negative effect on sexual function and activity, significantly less than that of GnRH analogues but similar to that of other NSAAs such as bicalutamide.

Mechanism of Action (Why its more Effective than Bicalutamide)
Enzalutamide acts as a selective silent antagonist of the androgen receptor (AR). Unlike bicalutamide, enzalutamide does not promote translocation of AR to the cell nucleus and in addition prevents binding of AR to deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and AR to coactivator proteins. As such, it has been described as an AR signaling inhibitor in addition to antagonist. The drug is described as a "second-generation" NSAA because it has greatly increased efficacy as an antiandrogen relative to so-called "first-generation" NSAAs like flutamide and bicalutamide. The drug has only 2- to 3-fold lower affinity for the AR relative to DHT, the endogenous ligand of the AR in the prostate gland.
(note Bicalutamide has a 30-100 fold lower affinity than DHT)

Here the drug resists mutant ARs that Bicalutamide would not have
When LNCaP cells (a prostate cancer cell line) engineered to express elevated levels of AR (as found in patients with advanced prostate cancer) were treated with enzalutamide, the expression of androgen-dependent genes PSA and TMPRSS2 was down regulated in contrast to bicalutamide where the expression was upregulated. In VCaP cells which over-express the AR, enzalutamide induced apoptosis whereas bicalutamide did not. Furthermore, enzalutamide behaves as an antagonist of the W741C mutant AR in contrast to bicalutamide which behaves as a pure agonist when bound to the W741C mutant.

tl;dr: Enzalutamide is resistant to overexpression of the AR in sight of mutant AR where Bicalutamide was not

THE STRENGTH OF ENZALUTAMIDE

Enzalutamide has approximately 5- to 8-fold higher binding affinity for the androgen receptor (AR) compared to bicalutamide. One study found an IC50 of 21 nM for enzalutamide and 160 nM for bicalutamide at the AR in the LNCaPcell line (7.6-fold difference), while another found respective IC50 values of 36 nM and 159 nM (4.4-fold difference). In accordance, clinical findings suggest that enzalutamide is a significantly more potent and effective antiandrogen in comparison to first-generation NSAAs such as bicalutamide, flutamide, and nilutamide.

I listed earlier that 1mg of Bicalutamide inhibits 10ng/dl of androgens from effectiving PSA completely and much more when DHT was inhibited with use of finasteride/dutasteride

MATH: Enzalutamide has 4.4-7.6x higher Kd than Bicalutamide
10ng/dl of Androgens *4.4-7.6=44-76ng/dl of Androgens

so we can conclude

1mg of Enzalutamide inhibits between 44-76ng/dl of androgens from effecting PSA completely

the regular dose of Enzalutamide is 160mg and it comes in 40mg tablets

so 160mg of Enzalutamide could block between 7,040-1,2160 ng/dl of Androgens

you could literally take steroids and not have ur hair touched by this drug

Effects on Testosterone: Enzalutamide monotherapy at a dosage of 160 mg/day has been found to increase circulating levels of testosterone by 114.3%, dihydrotestosterone by 51.7%, estradiol by 71.7%, sex hormone-binding globulin by 100.6%, dehydroepiandrosterone by 9.6%, androstenedione by 51.1%, luteinizing hormone by 184.7%, follicle-stimulating hormone by 47.0%, and prolactin by 16.8%. These changes in hormone levels are similar to those of high-dose bicalutamide monotherapy.

so 99% of people would not need more than 40mg of Enzalutamide since that would competetively destroy PSA from anywhere between 1760-3040ng/dl of T.

Hope this was interesting to read!

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...mide-superstrong-antiandrogen-topical.105093/

Yeah this isn't new, as you can see we already have a thread on this, I was trialing this back then, dropped out immediately due to sides, but people who stuck out on much larger doses for much longer than myself did not see any good results.

Though I realise you folks are probably more interested in oral use, rather than topical. Just keep in mind the off-target GABA antagonism, it can be a b**ch.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have been on bicalutamide for two months, and you are already contemplating oral use of enzalutamide...

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have been on bicalutamide for two months, and you are already contemplating oral use of enzalutamide...
lmao that was banter when I mentioned changing the regimen ;)

Last edited:

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In this section of the site, i think everybody already knows that darolutamide and enzalutamide are stronger than bicalutamide.Its been discussed many times. When it comes to superiority, i think the side effect profile is as important as efficiency of the drug.For that reason , i think bicalutamide still superior to those newer generation NSAAs.Especially people like here who only take it for their hairs.

I don't understand the purpose of finding strongest drug.Because even if you take the most strongest AA on the market, it still doesn't guarantee that you will recover your hair 100%.Because when it comes to regrowth the key factor is estrogen. People find success with spironolactone,cpa and i think thats enough. Because you are not a cancer patient. Those informations you shared are mostly for cancer patients. Especially for drug resistant cancer types.My grandfather has prostate cancer and his PSA levels greatly reduced with 50mg bicalutamide after many years of use.He and his doctor is happy about it.So why would he need something stronger even tho he is a cancer patient ?

My point is remember you are taking these drugs for your hair and try not throw your health away while achieving it.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I see pics of your hair?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The kids a f*****g Norwood 1 no joke. Very minimal hair loss if any at all
I never said I was gonna take it LMAOOO

I'm just trying to look out for others. in maybe a decade from now I can look at this drug and maybe consider it when it becomes more available

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never said I was gonna take it LMAOOO

I'm just trying to look out for others. in maybe a decade from now I can look at this drug and maybe consider it when it becomes more available

in 10 years from now you will have much bigger problem like your fucked up androgen system

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop disliking the thruth LOL

150 mg bicalutamide is for ADVANCED prostate cancer.. you guys are taking some heavy stuff.. let's pray it does nothing too severe to your health over the next decade of use..
ok thanks

as far as the extensive studying I have done on the drug, there are NO side effects besides gynecomastia

others here are taking estrogen, cpa, and spironolactone which have way more side effects like ED, infertility, and muscle wasting

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok thanks

as far as the extensive studying I have done on the drug, there are NO side effects besides gynecomastia

others here are taking estrogen, cpa, and spironolactone which have way more side effects like ED, infertility, and muscle wasting
Capture d’écran 2019-08-13 à 20.00.32.png

Your ''OWN'' study you said it. *** DEMASCULINIZATION*** And this a drug people take only DURING the treatment.. not to block hair loss for years, decades + and a continous use

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 126202

Your ''OWN'' study you said it. *** DEMASCULINIZATION*** And this a drug people take only DURING the treatment.. not to block hair loss for years, decades + and a continous use
It says due to androgen deprivation...

you and I both know it doesnt have side effects

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how is cpa coming along?

Made and still making strong gains in the past 2 years on it and judging by the comments I get from people I’d say they are noticeable, so pretty happy in that respect. The sides aren’t fun though, whilst sexual sides aren’t too bad, I have quite bad depression now, and low energy. Don’t want to stay on this stuff forever but not sure if i can pluck the courage to get off just yet. I’m encouraged though that others have got off AAs after having made gains and still maintained a substantial amount, i.e @jgray201

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It says due to androgen deprivation...

you and I both know it doesnt have side effects

great, let's wait 5 years with an every day dose of 150 mg.
Made and still making strong gains in the past 2 years on it and judging by the comments I get from people I’d say they are noticeable, so pretty happy in that respect. The sides aren’t fun though, whilst sexual sides aren’t too bad, I have quite bad depression now, and low energy. Don’t want to stay on this stuff forever but not sure if i can pluck the courage to get off just yet. I’m encouraged though that others have got off AAs after having made gains and still maintained a substantial amount, i.e @jgray201

nice post, i like your honesty !

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
doing the lords work seriously

when a 17 year old finds the cure before these 'busy' scientists you know the medical industry is total sh*t

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
doing the lords work seriously

when a 17 year old finds the cure before these 'busy' scientists you know the medical industry is total sh*t
made my day, thank you ;)