Strip Procedure - Have you had it?

ed

Reaction score
I have my hair transplant surgery scheduled for NEXT MONTH and just recently watched a video of the procedure on another doctor's website. I'll be honest: it freaked me out. If you have had the strip procedure done on you, will you please ease (or not) my mind about the during/after.
It looked crazy...like an old-time scalping. Plus, it looks incredibly painful.
Help me out guys.

G

Ed there is nothing to be concerned about it looks alot worse then it is.Its is a pain free procedure.You will be asleep via sedation for most of it anyway.After the procedure because you have stitches in the back of your head it does cause alittle bit of pain but its gone within 2-3 weeks after you get your stitches out.You will tightness at the back of the head for about a month then that will also go away.Check out my website its got some before and after pictures so you can see.You look in your picture like you have masses of hair but obvioulsy not these days is that right?

Damien

ed

Reaction score
damien said:
You look in your picture like you have masses of hair but obvioulsy not these days is that right?
Damien

Oh...
haha
the guy in that picture (to the left) isnt me.
I have MUCH less than any of them! :)

Thankfully I wont be able to see what they are doing, otherwise I'd never make it.

G

Ed theres nothing to worry about as im your age and have had a hair transplant 11 months ago now and are going back in May also to have some more.Did you see my results?

Damien

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the pain. When I had mine last year, the doctor made sure that my scalp was good and numb before doing anything else. He would poke my scalp with an object (I think, I'm not sure if it was an object or his finger or what because I was so numbed-out) and ask me "Does this hurt?" and I would tell him no every time he did it.

G

Jaytree i was out with it because of the sedation they give you.It was the best sleep ive had in years lol.Check out my results on my website

Damien

G

heading back less then a month for another 1100 grafts.Im nervous and excited.

Damo

ed

Reaction score
Damien...
your results are great!
Well, surgery is in 4 days. Still nervous about having a chunk of my head removed. Sigh.

Wish me luck!

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
damien said:
Jaytree i was out with it because of the sedation they give you.It was the best sleep ive had in years lol.Check out my results on my website

Damien
Damien, you were knocked out when you had your transplant?! Dang, I wish I could have been. Not that it was that painful, but I've always thought it would be great to have been able to go in, be knocked out, and wake up with the transplant totally done. It would be like going to sleep and waking up with hair!(everyone's dream!) :D
I think for the next hair transplant(and hopefully last) I have I will ask my surgeon if I can be knocked out. I think he just uses locals though.
How were you sedated, with an IV or gas?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
ed said:
Well, surgery is in 4 days. Still nervous about having a chunk of my head removed. Sigh.

Wish me luck!
Oh, and good luck Ed!
And don't worry, it's not as bad as all that. You'll do fine! And I'm sure you'll be happy you did it.

G

Vinton i had a IV drip .Out of the 5 hour procedure i was out for the first 3 hours then would wake up for about 20 mins and have a orange juice to get back the sugar levels.After the orange juice they put me back to sleep for a hour then it was all done.Well worth it.I couldnt sit there for 5 hrs.

Damo

ed

Reaction score
well, its done!

I slept through all of the grafts...
all in all it was a VERY easy and practically painless procedure.
Thanks for the support guys

ed

Reaction score
I think the hardest part now is:
1) Finding a comfortable sleeping position
and
2) Washing my hair

G

Yeah i forgot what its like to have that feeling again but its only 5 days away before next procedure.

Damo