Stretch marks!

broadcaster

Reaction score
You know the thing about baldness is, it's all about perspective.

That said, I would sometimes KILL to JUST be balding! You guys are lucky...I've already accepted it and it's not that bad.

You know what's REALLY bad? I have severe stretch marks everywhere from when I developed onset Cushing's Disorder. Basically, Cushing's causes you to have chronically elevated Cortisol levels, which weaken the elastin in the skin and prevent it from stretching properly.

I see SO many balding dudes at the gym with GREAT bodies and great skin. They're so lucky!

haha My skin is shredded and destroyed by my disease.

SO hopefully that cheers you up a bit...you could ALWAYS have it worse like me!

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting condition about Cushing disorder, am not sure if I have that but when I was young I developed sever excema and used dozens of skin creams and ointments for 2 years... I too developed terrible stretch marks afterwards :( My stretch marks are on the top of my shoulders and even on the arms and around my waist.... even some on my legs. So yeah a life time of seeing mates taking off there shirts in the summer and going for swimming and then there is me sitting or standing there with a t-shirt on.... I just came to the conclusion God clearly decided to scrape my body and make it look as ugly as possible, and while he was at it decided to pluck my hair away before turning 19, that way I would have no chance of happiness.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
I have two terrible stretch marks on my stomach... Nothing seemed to help until recently... I noticed a definite improvement after I got on the paleo diet. I am also supplementing heavily with A,C,E and D. I have no idea if it's any of that or it's just they fade with time... I think stress and diet plays a big role (although I've been fighting with adult acne for years and I can relate to having a condition that can't be cured).

Aggemam

Reaction score
Stretch marks from cushing's syndrom

To broadcaster:
I also have stretch marks everywhere from having had cushing's syndrome. Fortunately I'm not ill today, but the disease left my skin with stretch marks all over.
But hey, being a girl, if that's you on the photo, I think you look really cute! When it comes to guys I don't care about stretch marks or baldness, as long as the person is confident and positive and take care of their body, I find them very attractive! But sure I also go to the gym/beach and see girls with perfect bodies and nice skin and it can be very hard not to be affected by it....

You know the thing about baldness is, it's all about perspective.

That said, I would sometimes KILL to JUST be balding! You guys are lucky...I've already accepted it and it's not that bad.

You know what's REALLY bad? I have severe stretch marks everywhere from when I developed onset Cushing's Disorder. Basically, Cushing's causes you to have chronically elevated Cortisol levels, which weaken the elastin in the skin and prevent it from stretching properly.

I see SO many balding dudes at the gym with GREAT bodies and great skin. They're so lucky!

haha My skin is shredded and destroyed by my disease.

SO hopefully that cheers you up a bit...you could ALWAYS have it worse like me!

Kenziesumner

Reaction score
I have stretch marks everywhere. They're terrible. I'm 90% sure I have cushings. It really is horrible. I'm only 16, they're all over my stomach,sides, back,hips.shoulders,arms,boobs,back of calves & I'm starting to see new ones on my thighs and forearms. I have gained any weight in over 4 months!

jumpinggreedy

Reaction score
I have alot too, Keep in mind that aside from causing self-consciousness, stretch marks are harmless and don't require medical or cosmetic attention. But if you're self-conscious or embarrassed by yours, you can try some medication to get rid of them.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I have lots of stretch marks as well, primarily from years of powerlifting. Yet I never really complained about them at all, which directly contradicts people who say to hair loss sufferers "if it wasn't hair loss, it would be something else (that you'd be depressed about)".

confused_

Reaction score
I think everyone has a few stretch marks, myself included. I looked up the disease you were talking about (never heard of it before) and those stretch marks look much much bigger/redder - are they always more visible like that than the usual stretch marks? I've heard that rolling the skin with needles to increase collagen may help. Perhaps covering it up with body makeup as well.

salamander

Reaction score
Just googled Cushings Syndrome. I have stretch marks in the same places. Is there a blood test or something I can do to confirm cushings?