stress, heat's effect on follicles??

peacemaker

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

21 year old college student here. Recently, I have noticed that my hairline receded slightly and started worrying about it. Now, interestingly, none of my relatives up to two generations are bald, yet my father has a Norwood 3. His hairline receded from a Norwood 1-2 in his late 50's when he also had to put up with a lot of stress (our family almost went bankrupt and he was under intense pressure for about 3 yrs to pay back our debt).

I think my hair loss is also partly stress related. I have been working constantly during college to keep my scholarship and I am also a double major student, so my workload has been intense.

What I've realized from personal experience is that I lose more hairs per day one-two days after I have been through great stress (finals period etc). Also, I have realized that when I study 5+ hrs nonstop, my scalp heats up a lot (there's great temperature difference between my scalp and rest of my body).

Hence, I have been wondering about the effects of the increased average temperature on hair follicles (for a period about 1-2 weeks) and whether stress can recede (or increase the rate of receding of) hairline.