Stress and connection with Male Pattern Balding

adelia401

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a hair transplant about 6 months ago and was having really positive results. This past month and half I went through a very stressful time and I noticed today that hairs are coming out. The hair coming out is my natural hair and not the hairs moved in the transplant. I know that Telogen effluvium usually affects the whole head, but this is not the case since hair is not coming out on the side and back of my head. If the hairs that are falling out are my natural hair and in the area where I once had male pattern baldness, will they grow back since it was stress induced? Or does stress totally kill the hair follicle in this case since it's in the area where I once had male pattern baldness? I do use a minoxidle/finasteride topical that has worked well up until this point.

ClisOiv

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that stress only triggers a genetic condition of your hair.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a hair transplant about 6 months ago and was having really positive results. This past month and half I went through a very stressful time and I noticed today that hairs are coming out. The hair coming out is my natural hair and not the hairs moved in the transplant. I know that Telogen effluvium usually affects the whole head, but this is not the case since hair is not coming out on the side and back of my head. If the hairs that are falling out are my natural hair and in the area where I once had male pattern baldness, will they grow back since it was stress induced? Or does stress totally kill the hair follicle in this case since it's in the area where I once had male pattern baldness? I do use a minoxidle/finasteride topical that has worked well up until this point.
Now I don't know if this is true per say but I've heard that transplanted hair runs on a different cycle than the natural hair or at least for the first year or so. I saw it mentioned on the transplant threads. So perhaps the natural hair is going through a normal shed and the transplanted one's aren't shedding yet. Not sure if this is true. But I thought you would like to know.

jazz1

Reaction score
Stress Hairloss is temporary and can grow back, called telogen effluvium.

bluestar99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would one not need an incredible amount of stress for a long period of time for that to happen? What does that happen with low-grade chronic stress too?