Stress and balding

agbulk

Reaction score
Hello,

How is everyone? Quick question. I am a 24 yr old male who has noticed typical male pettern baldness for the past 2 years:

1. "V" shape in front (like david letterman)
2. thinning in middle to front area

In the past 4 years ive had an increased amount of stress due to financial trouble and losing family members.

Would it be safe to say that the sress is what made me lose my hair or is it more genetic than anytihng else. Everyone in my family has lost there hair in their 30's i believe and I am only 24. Could it still be genetic? And does anyone have any NATURAL tips on hair regrowth or atleast keeping the hair I have? I cannot take Minoxidil or Propecia.

Thanks in advanced,
Adam

hopewas

Reaction score
it's more genetic if you ask me..i know people who are in their 40s..full head of hair and they have nervous breakdowns constantly

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
i know people who are in their 40s..full head of hair and they have nervous breakdowns constantly

:laugh:

Pibb

Reaction score
agbulk,

The term for stress-induced hairloss is telogen effluvium. From the best I can understand, it is rarely localized to the hairline, and usually affects the entire scalp (including the back and sides). And it's more of a sudden, rapid shedding, as opposed to gradual loss and thinning.

That's the only stress-induced hairloss I know about. So, unfortunately, it sounds like genetic male pattern baldness to me. If you don't mind my asking, why can't you take Propecia or Minoxidil? Though I don't know of any natural remedies, the best option for you at this point might be to consult with a dermatologist (who preferably specializes in hair loss) and see what options you have from there. For example, there's a topical solution called spironolactone that may be an option for you (though it's not natural).

Good luck.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
you guys sure love your emoticons don't you

you have no idea.
I like to call this one .. "smacking da balls"

icon_balls.gif

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stress is absolutely a factor. My sister experienced trauma in her mid twenties and her hair was thin for 20 years til she hit the collagen. HIgh quality source 20 grams per serving

But numerous factors collide. For example genetics. we are prone to thinning when stressed. Other men have tonnes of hair and tonnes of stress..

Some people with horrible diets have great hair and visa versa

We all have our own personal perfect storm of factors from nutrition to genetics to stress to accidents to exposure to chemicals etc. I'm thinking genetics is the big one. But I dont know...

I'm SUPER stressed right now and I have a strange balding picture that i'd like to post!