Straightening Your Hair Without Getting Balder:

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just had a hair transplant and the one thing I can't wait for is to straighten my hair again. I hate frizzy hair as much as I hate being balding.

The trouble is, most straightening products seem to be aggressive to the scalp and are supposed to cause hair loss.

I experienced my worst shed when I was a "glatt" addict. But I was so in love with my hair that I couldn't use minoxidil for days. I can't tell how the harm was done.

Is there anyone with experience regarding this issue? There are so many straightening treatments available. Is there one that is easy on the scalp and safe? I don't mind if it's mild I just want a drastic difference the hair doesn't have to be perfect! Even a legit anti-frizz shampoo or natural remedy could change my life!
Thanks.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is going to be tough because the only thing I have in mind is straight hair. It's the reason why I got this hair transplant done. I'm only satisfied with straight hair, or at least wavy. Going to spend a lot of time researching gentle alternatives. I was once using an anti-frizz shampoo that had satisfying results.

g.i joey

Reaction score
i first noticed my parting getting transparent and scalp visible after a year of using keratin hair straightening treatment. ive heard many stories od ppl losing hair on this treatment afterwards. Novody is bald in my family so it makes sense that keratin messed something up with hair.

Don't blame the keratin, blame genetics

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score

Have you considered just getting a straightening perm? Honestly your best bet for getting this sort of info would be to go to a professional hair salon. There are relaxing pre-styling products that you apply to damp and they help prevent frizz and help straighten the hair.

Overall as long as you invest in a good blowdryer/hair straightener you can lessen the time your hair is in contact and only use a low-med heat setting. Make sure to apply like argan oil.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually went to a professional place. I had been on meds for a couple years and stable. The loss resumed, but again, I was so happy with my hair that I couldn't use minoxidil much and I was much more forgetful. But again, I see many testimonies of people saying straightening makes you bald. Heark breakage doesnt bother me, what matters is the scalp obviously. I'm already looking at the most reknown places in my area. I'll go in a year when I have decent length, four or five months after my last cut(you need a cut when your hair transplant results show up, to even things up). In the meantime I'll try anti-frizz stuff and mild homemade recipes I guess.

But I still need to find out if straightening causes hair loss, and how, and how to deal with it.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the links.
I will NEVER accept having frizzy hair, what's the point of having hair if it looks so shitty? On the other hand, I will educate myself on those chemicals, and maybe try out every gentle alternative even if it doesn't make my hair perfect, just smoother and wavy.

Last edited:

mustafasoud

My Regimen
Reaction score
What did you do bro ..did you find way to make hair not frizzy and straight i'm bothered with my hair quality and i wish i could know method to make it looks better

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only active hairloss I’ve ever had was after straightening. My hair fell out like crazy .

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried every shampoo and conditioner and none work no creams work but I wind try straightening combs etc bc will damage hair and likely make me balder

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been straightening my hair every two months since I got my hair transplant results with absolutely no consequences.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
brazilian blowouts and regular chemical relaxers. I was just balding fast and coping.

GotMyHairBack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Frizzy hair sucks, my nightmare too. I don't understand why they are trying so hard to make poofy hairstyles today's beauty norm.

I also have slightly wavy hair and have been using a hair iron since 20 years ago almost every morning. At first everyone blamed my hair loss in my twenties to steaming hot straightening, but my hair loss seemed to reduce to 1% as soon as I stopped with some other things. Now I never have any problem after straightening, not a single hair falls out during or after straightening.

I always use the 170 or 180 degrees temperature, that's enough.

I envy those people, especially young girls, who can basically wiggle their heads and all their hair fall back into place, when I need to brush my hair 3x a day. And nothing is more depressing than to find hundreds of hairs in my brush, or when showering or dying my hair.

mustafasoud

My Regimen
Reaction score
brazilian blowouts and regular chemical relaxers. I was just balding fast and coping.
Does this effect hair in negative way i have very bad hair i didnt have before and i'm getting hair transplant soon but i dont want this shitty hair i have now ...