Story So far

jim81

Reaction score
Hi all

This is my first post even though I have been frequently visiting this forum for the past 7 months.

I would like to show my results below, after being on minoxidil 5% (Spray twice daily) for the past 5 months or so (even though I have only just used over 3 bottles) and Propecia 1mg (1 a day) for the past 3.5 months. I have also recently added Nizoral 2%(3 times week) and Skin, Nails and Hair tablets (2 a day)

The first 3 picture's were taken this week, apologise for poor quality as they were taken on my phone, the last photo was taken in Oct 09 when I first discovered this forum.

I started thinning around the age 20/21 (2002) around my crown area, but it only really got noticeable around the end of 2006/2007. It never really bothered me that much as I still had a fairly good hairline. Fast forward to around summer 2009 and one of my friends commented on how bald I had become since she last saw me. It really hit home and to compound matters my girlfriend left me a month later.

This is when I realised I needed to do something about my hair, it had really deteriorated over the the18 months I had been with my ex girlfriend. I guess I was in a comfort zone and was not really fussed about it, I reckon i lost almost 50% at the back within this time; on top of this my front was starting to thin.

So I started looking on the Internet, looking for prices on hair transplants, I sent my photos off to a surgeon and he said I was probably still to young at 27 and that I should try Propecia.

I then came across this forum while investigating Propecia and discovered about the big 3, this was around October 09. I was amazed at some of the results and success stories and that no matter what the age you are, you can still get back a lot of your hair.

So mid November 09 I started on minoxidil spay 5% and around Christmas time I started on Propecia. I did not really have any results for the first two months, I had a lot of shedding and my scalp was really itchy at times.

Then early February 10 the hair started to sprout at the back and especially around my crown. Around the end of February my friends were commenting and saying my hair was growing back and that it was very noticeable.

The past couple of weeks I think the growth has slowed down a bit but I am hoping more will grow in the next cycle. I think my results so far are mainly down to minoxidil as I have been on Propecia for less than 4 months and I believe on average it takes around 6 months before you see the results from Propecia.

Note I only sprayed the back on my head and did not apply minoxidil on the mid scalp or around my hairline. The past month I have started applying minoxidil to my mid scalp and around my temples so fingers crossed it will work there. I have also added Nizoral 2% and some mineral tablets.

I will carry on using these treatments at least until the end of the year and evaluate the results fully then - hopefully the re-growth will continue.

I would like to finish by saying thanks to the people on this forum for the advice and hope you gave me back in October, If people are interested I will keep posting photos every month or two.

Thanks

Jim

jim81

Reaction score
Ok, some new photos below (one with flash, one without), taken today with a better camera. Note I have had a haircut since my last photo update.

I think things are getting better still at the back, some more terminal hairs are appearing. Regarding mid and the front I think things are about the same, not getting worse but not getting better either, however if I can keep what I have got I will be grateful just wished I got on the big 3 a couple of years earlier.

I will post again with more updates in 3-4 weeks.

Cheers

Jim