Stopping Rogaine - Will My Hair Be Even Worse Than Never Starting?

Jo Jo Jo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been looking for information regarding the life long use of Rogaine.
One piece of information i found stated that after stopping Rogaine, my hair lose would be worse than if I'd never started taking it.
Is that true?
Or instead, would my hair return to how it would have been naturally if i'd never started using Regaine?

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for information regarding the life long use of Rogaine.
One piece of information i found stated that after stopping Rogaine, my hair lose would be worse than if I'd never started taking it.
Is that true?
Or instead, would my hair return to how it would have been naturally if i'd never started using Regaine?

When I stopped it became worse than it has ever been. Not worth it, just a temporary solution. I think minoxidil just exhausts you remaining hair cels to the point that nothing is left. Doesn't do anything about the root cause.

Jo Jo Jo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, thats interesting to hear Aleksandar.
Thanks for sharing your experience. was yours front or back hair loss?

When I stopped it became worse than it has ever been. Not worth it, just a temporary solution. I think minoxidil just exhausts you remaining hair cels to the point that nothing is left. Doesn't do anything about the root cause.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will return to baseline, same as if you had never used it, this takes a long time to happen though. If you aren't on a DHT blocker then you may be worse off than when you started using it because your hair has naturally got worse over time and minoxidil has been helping keep those follicles alive for a little bit longer.

Jo Jo Jo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Derelict,
now it kinda feels like every time I get a positive response like ours, i get a counter response from someone else, as a result my Min remains in the amazon packaging for another month.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Minoxidil is like the mafia: once you join the club, you can never get out.

Having said that, I use it, because I'd rather use that sh*t than go bald.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is like the mafia: once you join the club, you can never get out.

Having said that, I use it, because I'd rather use that sh*t than go bald.
what brand and type of minoxidil are u on? liquid/foam, kirkland/rogaine or it doesnt matter much? also r u on antiandrogens?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
@justbeconfident I'm on finasteride and minoxidil. I use rogain foam and liquid, I used exclusively Kirkland foam for like 2 years but felt it was losing efficiency and read somewhere that rogaine is better.

I use foam at night because it dries quickly and I don't have to worry about minoxidil running all over my pillow and face while I sleep. Then I use the liquid in the morning before work.