stopping propecia for a week

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
I have seen some here say that they stop taking propecia for a week around every 2 months. This seems like it may be a good idea to rid your body of it for a while. How much affect will this have on hairloss though? Will i lose alot of hairs in the weeks peroid that it may not be worth it.

bombscience

Reaction score
Maybe I could see the use of this 1 or 2 times a year and it's all theoretical that your body builds a "tolerance" to finasteride, but every two months doesn't seem logical. Plus Dr. Lee says that it takes more than a week for DHT levels to return to normal after discontinuing use of finasteride, so a week MAY not be enough to create that "shock" you are looking for.

TEST SUBJECT#1

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder how a 4 month on 1 month off cycle would work? Ive been entertaining the idea.

zaireeka

Reaction score
i dont know what im talking about so i would probably ignore what i say, but do you not think this could do more harm than good? i mean assuming any side effects you may have had at the start have 'settled down' that would suggest your body has come to terms with the change in hormones. to upset it every 4 months or whatever seems like it could just excercebate the side effects if anything.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
4 month on and 1 month off would create havoc of your endocrine system IMO.. would you really want all that hormonal change in your body 2-3 times a year, whereas naturally your body SLOWLY starts changing hormonal balance throughout your entire life? If you're gonna rebalance your hormones with propecia, then you do it once and let it be.

TEST SUBJECT#1

Established Member
Reaction score
richlocks said:
4 month on and 1 month off would create havoc of your endocrine system IMO.. would you really want all that hormonal change in your body 2-3 times a year, whereas naturally your body SLOWLY starts changing hormonal balance throughout your entire life? If you're gonna rebalance your hormones with propecia, then you do it once and let it be.

But didnt you already hear that we dont need DHT after puberty anyway? :roll:

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
DHT dropping is only one of many things that propecia does.

and you know where i stand on the DHT issue after puberty =P

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
Estr + TES

The reason i would want to try something like this is because i had a blood test done and my hormones are kinda fucked. My TES was good at over 900 but the estrogen was like 215 or some sh*t. I need to get this down or my high TEST dont mean sh*t.

Reaction score
I've been off of propecia since Monday. I'm only going to stay off it for 1 week though.

Wouldn't getting Fina COMPLETELY out of your system be similar to starting all over again....

TEST SUBJECT#1

Established Member
Reaction score
richlocks said:
DHT dropping is only one of many things that propecia does.

and you know where i stand on the DHT issue after puberty =P

I totally agree with you, just being cheeky, for the record.

nikeaddict

Established Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt do anything that is not recomended, like your weeks off the stuff idea, for all you know you might have to start all over again, you it might dilute the effects, i dont know, good luck though.