Stopping or continuing Rogaine foam (With Pics)

Wolfgard

Reaction score
Hello to all the fellow sufferers.
Please advise me regarding minoxidil usage.
I’m 33 yo with diffusive hair loss and been using Propecia for several years and maintaining good results . In the last 1.5 years, my hair loss has rapidly increased, so I started using Rogaine foam.
Although I didn’t have any serious sheddings, I don’t see real improvement in my situation.
Maybe the hair on the top of the head is maintaining while my hairline and is climbing up and getting more diffused.

I did received some amount of fine bright and even terminal hairs on the frontline.
Also, I know that there is a systematic effect, because I now have dark circles under my eyes.
My fear is that after stopping Rogaine it would appear that my remaining hair needed it?
On the other side, might it be that it’s ruining it ?
If Iâ€￾ll stop using to see what happens, would I be able to regrow back?
Now I have several options :
1. Stop Rogaine foam.
2. Switch to other sort of minoxidil.
3. Stop using it on hairline
4. Continue as is.
Please advise

Attachments

• 14112011(004).JPG
    14112011(004).JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 199

mires

Reaction score
For some reason Rogaine Foam gives me also dark circles around the eyes, it also gives me a "puffy" face. Regular minoxidil doesn't have these side effects, at least not in my case. My regular minoxidil is Kirkland 5% and I've been happy with it (and it's a lot cheaper than Rogaine/Rogaine Foam, too).

Why does foam give more side effects, then? I guess it's at least partly due to most men using too much of it, in some cases unknowingly. At first I just used an amount that felt suitable for my balding areas and that was about a little less than two capfuls on Rogaine foam. Then later on I learned that the correct dosage is half a capful so I had been using 3-4 times too much of the stuff :shakehead: . As stated in the instructions, you need to wash your hand (and maybe scalp, too) with really cold water first so that the foam doesn't melt as fast. I've had less side effects after I began using it like you're supposed to.

Another reason might be that foam has better absorption than regular minoxidil?

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
honestly im using regular rogaine and now have dark circles. i wonder if foam would do the opposite for my case. I HOPE SO

Wolfgard

Reaction score
There are different opinions regarding what’s better – solution or foam.
But, this thread went to different direction. The main issue here : the influence of Rogaine on frontal hair.
Did anyone gain frontal hair from Rogaine foam or liquid ?