Stopping Minoxidil Then Starting Again Question

Subigang

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I were to stop minoxidil for about 2 months and then I lost all of my gains, if I started using it again would I be able to get back to where I am now?

(I’ve been on it for 3 months)

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't stop using minoxidil! Once you jump on it, you can never stop - or you'll lose all minoxidil-dependent hair.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had started and stopped a few times while on finasteride. It was fine, thicker hair while on and slightly thinner while of .

I had started and stopped off finasteride.

Your hair will shed and you'll have go work at gaining back density after two months. Personally I dont see why you would take a break.

Subigang

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had started and stopped a few times while on finasteride. It was fine, thicker hair while on and slightly thinner while of .

Your hair will shed and you'll have go work at gaining back density after two months. Personally I dont see why you would take a break.
My reasoning is that I want to see whether my gains were from minoxidil or finasteride.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
My reasoning is that I want to see whether my gains were from minoxidil or finasteride.
If you're on finasteride, then stop. You can always regain it. But you will shed some. Itll come back after a few months. 2 months isn't long enough to assess though.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score

I have read anecdotal reports that people on 5-alpha blockers, who stopped using minoxidil, experienced mass shedding ("almost like cancer patients"). However, all the hair regrew back, when they started to use minoxidil again. Theoretically, this should work because 5-alpha blockers prevent the fatal damage of hair, and I would welcome if anybody had a similar experience. However, it is clear that when you don't use 5-alpha blockers, most of the lost hair will be gone forever.

jazz1

Reaction score
I would not start and stop as you will only cause shedding….

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read anecdotal reports that people on 5-alpha blockers, who stopped using minoxidil, experienced mass shedding ("almost like cancer patients"). However, all the hair regrew back, when they started to use minoxidil again. Theoretically, this should work because 5-alpha blockers prevent the fatal damage of hair, and I would welcome if anybody had a similar experience. However, it is clear that when you don't use 5-alpha blockers, most of the lost hair will be gone forever.

I would add zix - check my thread in alternative treatmeants