stopping minoxidil guys need help

ernest benson

Reaction score
i have a questio i have been using minoxidil 5% for 3 months and its too harsh for my scalp becuase my scalp itches quite a bit and when i take a shower my scalp stings.i paln on quitting minoxidil and starting propecia,the question i have is that when i first started using minoxidil i shed alot of hair and i know that its supposed to grow back thicker each cycle with minoxidil ,the question i have is now that is stopped minoxidil will those shed hairs grow back to what they were like before i started on minoxidil or are they gone forever.my derm said not to goback on minoxidil because i ha an allergic raection to it

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the hair question but as for minoxidil, why not use it once a day or just switch to the 2%?

G

ernest benson said:
i have a questio i have been using minoxidil 5% for 3 months and its too harsh for my scalp becuase my scalp itches quite a bit and when i take a shower my scalp stings.i paln on quitting minoxidil and starting propecia,the question i have is that when i first started using minoxidil i shed alot of hair and i know that its supposed to grow back thicker each cycle with minoxidil ,the question i have is now that is stopped minoxidil will those shed hairs grow back to what they were like before i started on minoxidil or are they gone forever.my derm said not to goback on minoxidil because i ha an allergic raection to it
\
My guess is that the shed hair will return.

You could try Dr Lee's minoxidil, which has a difference base liquid. It might be the PPG that you are allergic to, not the active drug minoxidil.

Good luck