Stopping Minoxidil for a Few Days??

Hamartoma

Reaction score
With the new FAA restrictions on air travel, what would be the impact in stopping minoxidil for up to a week? It may be difficult to convince a TSA agent (typically bald & not very accomodating) that minoxidil is indeed a medication that is essential for some of us.....

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if ur on about these latest terrorists threats, i think u can put that sh*t in ur suitcase, just not ur hand luggage?

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, they will not catch it if you are smart. I took gold fish in a one gallon tank on the plane in my seat. They tipped over in the X-Ray machine. I applologised profusely about my water bottle not being screwed on tight enough. The lid was good, but not tight enough to stop all water from getting out. They took me asside to do a more thurough search. I lifted the container, with a opeque lid, part way out of my cooler bag, after opening all zippers. They did not see the fish, and after searching me thuroughly, let me on the plane. This was after the bag people told me I can't take fish on the plane.

But rogaine should be easy to take onboard. And yes, a week is enough to have a huge shed that won't stop until you are back to square one.

Hamartoma

Reaction score
I have several upcoming business trips over the next few months and avoid checking luggage. My hair loss is largely telogen effluvium which has responded well to minoxidil. I've gone a day without it and not noticed any loss, but if I go for longer periods, I'm concerned over a major shed....

G

tell him its your hypertension medication(what minoxidil was originally invented as).

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
A week won't harm you...

At least it didn't in my case. I lost what I gained after the first month of stopping it.