Stopping Minoxidil And Staying On Pills

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, ive been lurking around the forums for a few years and figured it was time to create my own thread.

I'm 21 years old, and i have been losing my hair since 17 years old, slowly. i waited untill my hair was thin enough that i could see my scalp through the hairs before i started treatment, which took about 3 years, (big mistake looking back at it now) i have been taking finasteride 1.5mg + minoxidil for about 5 months. At first i gained a lot of my hair back (i had lost probably i would say 40% density over the years, i have diffuse thinning all over). Now i am shedding my hair really bad and am back to square 1, i know everything about these drugs and their effects on growth cycles etc blah blah. I never had an initial hair shed when i began these medications, now I'm thinking of quitting minoxidil(i am dreading the terrible telogen effluvium that comes after quitting). I still have vellus hairs at my hairline from before i started minoxidil, and generally minoxidil has grown more hair on my back and shoulders( where there was none before) and less on my actual scalp where i am applying it(using rogaine foam). So i have decided to drop it and stick with the pills i am thinking of taking finasteride and dutasteride (i have had absolutely no side effects from any of these medications at all) and I've made an appointment to see the doctor to start HRT(hormone replacement therapy) to make certain that i grow my hair back to 100% as soon as possible even if it means turning into a girl for a while i really couldn't care less. I guess what i am here asking you guys for is your opinion on minoxidil dependant hairs i read that they will never come back but i had all these hairs when i was a child and im pretty certain that if the DHT blocking medications cant bring them back then HRT will.

I am going to upload pictures and post more pictures of any progress made.

even though i have made up my mind about what i am going to do. Thank you for any replies regarding this matter.